Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2009-08-17
16:07:46
 Re: A reply to "The Letter (3-PLUS-1)"

Re-reading the author's letter, it sounds a bit like there have been French and German versions, doesn't it?
There have been rumours (and even adds) for "genuine" German keyboard plus/4s but all I ever saw were modified ones, usually featuring the "Deutscher Zeichensatz" by Kingsoft.

Up to date, not a single plus/4 with a German keyboard has shown up.

It would be nice if the author could confirm if there have been different language versions.

About the spreadsheet...
Back when I first got my plus/4 I didn't really know what to make of it. Honestly, a spreadsheet isn't exactly a teenage boy's favorite app wink The German translation "Tabellenkalkulation" would scare off any kid :D Most of my plus/4 friends back then didn't even know how to get there.
However, in the US I had to use "Claris Works" (another legendary office suite) on an Apple II quite often and found out what spreadsheets are all about. Later on, I started tinkering with the 3-PLUS-1 spreadsheet and the only thing I didn't like was the somewhat fixed layout.
Otherwise, I agree with SVS, it's stable as can be and I got all my play time calculations for mix tapes right happy

It's also interesting that there might have been different versions of "3-PLUS-1" (all my plus/4s have the same one, though, V052084). The Turbo Plus cartridge fixes the bug in the database, that was mentioned by the author. Does anyone have a different version?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024