Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-07-28
16:23:07
 Re: multicolor pictures color swapping

You have a point, but you should have noted that I took the effort and created a help file. It contains some basic info like the keyboard control or the explanation of drawing modes.

What you're asking specifically... Color 1 and Color 2 are just those happy In multicolor mode, every character (which is really 4x8 pixels) can have 4 distinct colors: one set by FF15, one set by FF16 and Color 1 and Color 2. What do I mean 4x8 pixels? What's FF15? You see, some of the background stuff is very hard to explain. You must have SOME knowledge about the machine, etc. in order to use it.

Sure the docs are nowhere near complete, but it took you over two years to even look at this project! So basically lack of feedback = lack of motivation to update the help files. As you said, the developer already knows everything.

As for .PRG files, it can read hires and multi-botticelli saved programs, and it can also import BMP files directly. Was your original image a 4 color bitmap? If not (i.e. you had a lot of grayscale values), you can pre-convert it in PhotoShop to use only 4 distinct colors and then import it for touch-up/re-colorization.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024