Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chronos
on 2009-07-26
05:12:08
 multicolor pictures color swapping

hey, is there a tool to swap colors in a multicolor picture? i mean, ff15->ff16 etc to anything..

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-07-26
15:07:03
 Re: multicolor pictures color swapping

Logo Paint has that, accessible by pressing "C". GfxEdit too - well sort of. It's on the "R" key, but it doesn't ask you which colors to swap, cause whenever I needed to use it I just changed the hardcoded values happy If you need this, I can add it, but I'm not sure if you need it for a Plus/4 program or a PC utility.

Posted By

Chronos
on 2009-07-26
16:08:05

Ok, logo paint is not good for me.. I have simple multicolour multibotticelli format pictures in 4 colors. The ff15 color must be black. BUT, the pictures edited on pc and after i converted with IstvanV's converter, the converter assigns the colors "randomly".

If IstvanV will once upgrade this handy stuff i request a color assign option happy

Posted By

Chronos
on 2009-07-26
16:26:59

pc utility will be good. i have a lot of ideas.. converting a grayscale pic and after "recolorize" it, reassign colors.. all i need basically to change 0800,ff15,ff16 whatever.. the input format will be a multi botticelli pic.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-07-26
17:07:26

I added this to Csabo's Gfx Edit, grab it and give it a try. The original image was a 4 color .BMP file you can just import that with the Import BMP function, which I think will always assign the same color codes to the same colors.

Posted By

MMS
on 2009-07-27
16:20:39

In fact I had the same a discussion point with Istvan (I started to convert a comic to Plus/4, but gave up after I noticed this issue, made the pixel-corrections a hell of a job)
If I remember well, the random "hidden" coloring Istvan corrected it in the latest version of the converter. Could you check, if you use the latest version of Plus4Emu?
If I was wrong, then sorry.

Csabo, Due to some reasons I still prefer Multibotticelli, somehow I always lost in buttons in your tools happy My bad memory did not help me to remember what colors I selected just now, I know there are some markings, but in the olders versions I always made a lot of mistakes during editing. Maybe I should try your newer versions.
The only thing I need now is some time, unfortunately our factory is just under reorganisation, new boss with a lot of new ideas, and I am involved in a lot of them... Challenging, but have no real time for my hobby just now...

Posted By

Chronos
on 2009-07-28
15:10:24

csabo's gfx edit is cool but the usual plus4 plague is here too... lack of docs! swap color "1" and "2" what is color 1 and what is color 2 ? happy it reminds me dcd's editors without docs because the coder know anything..
Dont forget about the user who is a normal dummy guy happy
i figured out the .prg is a multi botticelli pic saved from the memory 7800-9f40 (to be honest csio explained that)

IstvanV's converter badly needs a color mapping function (But its still the best!!!!).. how can i imagine that? if i have a picture on pc i will map specific colors in the converted version and (but its far beyond) i will remap a mono picture to some plus4 colors.. if istvan read these message i will explain it further..

Posted By

Chronos
on 2009-07-28
15:14:47

..and for god's sake don't call it color x or please explain that "what is what"..

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-07-28
16:23:07

You have a point, but you should have noted that I took the effort and created a help file. It contains some basic info like the keyboard control or the explanation of drawing modes.

What you're asking specifically... Color 1 and Color 2 are just those happy In multicolor mode, every character (which is really 4x8 pixels) can have 4 distinct colors: one set by FF15, one set by FF16 and Color 1 and Color 2. What do I mean 4x8 pixels? What's FF15? You see, some of the background stuff is very hard to explain. You must have SOME knowledge about the machine, etc. in order to use it.

Sure the docs are nowhere near complete, but it took you over two years to even look at this project! So basically lack of feedback = lack of motivation to update the help files. As you said, the developer already knows everything.

As for .PRG files, it can read hires and multi-botticelli saved programs, and it can also import BMP files directly. Was your original image a 4 color bitmap? If not (i.e. you had a lot of grayscale values), you can pre-convert it in PhotoShop to use only 4 distinct colors and then import it for touch-up/re-colorization.

Posted By

Csio
on 2009-07-28
16:59:22

okay, but what kind of fli is the dfli and what is 'his' specifies?
i read some info in the history.txt but i can't find anything about this
we plus4 users pull back ourselfes because we havent any good gfx tools on the other plattforms like assemblers, etc
just look the c64 guys...
but why don't need us for this?
Csabo allways ask us, what are we want including into this gfx proggy
then so i want to ask you more fli modes ! please hack them into your proggy with docs for stupid lammmers like me!
thanksalotta+!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-07-28
20:50:04

DFLI is pretty standard: a new color/luminance map is set every 2nd raster line. (So it's not a single-line FLI - which never looks right - but a Double line FLI.) This gives you 2 unique colors per char 4x2 area. Just search this site for DFLI.

What does "his" specify? I don't know - where did you see that? happy

More FLI modes could probably be added, but which ones?

Posted By

Csio
on 2009-07-29
11:54:31

okay, dfli, i see, but why can't save it in this form?
please applicate into your gfx proggy the next modes and i promise you will be a largest hero than this time if it is possible yet - or something like this
import/export dfli.prg - like bubis versions (hiresfli, mcfli) and dr.death version and istvanversion
import/export mcifli.prg - bubis version istvanversion
import/export zoom4.prg and chessboard.prg modes too
bejkoz this is what need the poor peoples happy
- and a language teacher for me fk
all of you, do you think how many gfx men have we got?
and why?
bejkoz multibotticelli rulez?
tsokolom

Posted By

Chronos
on 2009-07-29
12:28:57

gfxman= 1-5 max. most likely 1-3 (csabo,me,luca hehe)

Posted By

Csio
on 2009-07-29
12:59:18

Hey, if u are only 2-3 of peoples why do you need to update any proggy? happy

Posted By

Chronos
on 2009-07-29
13:00:33

oh you got tha point. i doesn't need anything just beer.. sorry for any inconvenience..

Posted By

Chronos
on 2009-07-29
13:43:14

just something interesting (not exactly for this topic, generally about graphics).. i just watching "miami ink" in the tv. as u don't familiar with the show, its about some tattoo artists. i noticed the tattoo artist's technique is something similar to my oldie plusi graphics technix.. in the old days i used cellophane on the original graphics with a fine pen to get the contours just like these artists. the only difference between us the tatto guy stick the graphics on the customers arm, besides i used a regular tv screen with a stick tape happy (yap the other is the tatoo gun vs. botticelli hehe). there is a lot of similar techniques, coloring, dithering.. i always watching this show..
..its only interesting for me possibly ??? happy nevermind..

Posted By

Csio
on 2009-07-29
15:58:08

noh, my wife - Feli - often looking Miami Ink too and we are glad when the Hurrican is cooming to Miami and the skinhead Joe starring escape to New York to his parents very fast .
yeah, i know ...Thanks, thanks my knowledge is endless

Posted By

Chronos
on 2009-07-29
16:07:23

kuss, csinád a cuccot! wink

Posted By

Csio
on 2009-07-29
16:12:23

KRO!
have you finished the color swapping in Csabogfxeditor?

Posted By

Chronos
on 2009-07-29
16:30:28

not yet, just my 2 cans of borsodi..

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-07-29
22:12:13

A few things: like Króna said, there's only a handful of active graphicians left on the scene. Ati is definitely using GfxEdit, he had some very useful requests/suggestions. Jedi is around (I hope), I think Harry and Kichy both quit unfortunately. There may be a few folks from the C64 scene doing stuff, like Exin.

I just remembered one thing about the color codes: every single logo editor on Plus/4 uses the exact same thing. Drawing is done by pressing keys from 0-3, and the colors correspond to 0=FF15, 3=FF16. So since you (Chronos) used logo editors before (maybe once or twice, eh?) you should be right at home in GfxEdit.

As for the requests: what Csio is asking makes perfect sense. Basically after conversion, users want to touch up the resulting picture. The problem is, some of the video modes would be really tricky to implement... Interlace for example, or the ones where the lines are shifted horizontally. I'll think about it for sure, but I can't promise I'll do it all.

Import and export could be definitely done for a few more formats. I just looked at what bubis' DFLIConv outputs: the hires, hiresfli, mc, mcfli formats can probably be added relatively easily. I've also beefed up the help a bit. So anyways, if you have requests regarding GfxEdit, let me know.

Posted By

Csio
on 2009-07-30
15:13:16

okay, thanks!
it is cool, we join forces with c64!!!
csabo gfx edit = project two ?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-08-03
20:15:51

I uploaded a new version today. Better help file, more PRGs can be imported and a few bugs fixed. Specifically, output from bubis' DFLIConv can be imported, if it's hires, hires fli, mc or mc fli format.

MC FLI has the same issue as FED: I can read the bitmap data, but they also support changing FF15/FF16 every 2nd raster line. This is not yet handled in my editor. It would be nice to add support for MagicPaint, those logos allow FF15/FF16 to be changed every raster line - but they are not using FLI.

Guys, if you need something else added, let me know, but try to be specific happy

Posted By

Chronos
on 2009-08-04
02:05:41

THX!!!

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2009-08-04
05:41:40

He There,

/TOPIC OFF
I'm still here happy Perhaps I lost interest in Plusi temporaly for various reasons (as happened a few times before). But I always take a look on this site every single day!
/TOPIC ON
I'm a programmer in real life so when I need some automated thing about +4 pictures, I do my own tools in C#. Basic image converter to 4 colors (plain or some dithering, etc.), and so on. I use Paint shop pro (7 was the best) for drawing (using palette stolen from Yape, my bad) and my own tools for converting to PRG or BIN or whatever I need.
In this deadtime I only draw mockups for various "neverwillbe" games like Super Mario, Dynamo Kid or Kirby for myself. Some of these drawings are more years old...

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-08-04
11:23:48

Good to see you around, KiCHY happy

One minor thing I forgot to mention was that I added drap-n-drop: if you want to import a PRG file, you can just drag it into the editor from any explorer window.

Posted By

Csio
on 2009-08-04
17:34:02

Csabo!
ATOMKING VAGY!!!!
THX!!!!!
igy legalabb en is lamerkedhetek gfx teren!
koszi!

Posted By

Csio
on 2009-08-04
17:58:44

okay, i tried this magic, and i know i need some UNDO function too, cause fullll oflammers are here in BARANYA country happy
perfect! cool import prg function! ROXX, CSABO ROXX!
and can i have a select'n'fill area?
and thats all....
happy

Posted By

Csio
on 2009-08-04
18:04:56

this V0.66 version is funkynk cool Csabo!
it is fking kool!
fking kool!
fkg kl!
f.k.!

j.f.k.!

j
u
s
t

f
k
i
n
g

k
o
o
l
!
!
happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-08-04
22:08:13

Glad you liked it happy

You're right, the lack of undo really sucks. I'll work on that for the next release. As for select and fill - this is already available. Use shift + cursor to select a rectangular area, then press F to fill it with the last used color. (In case it fills with a color other than what you intended, just press the desired color again - this will color a single pixel - then press F again.)

Posted By

MMS
on 2010-08-15
13:28:29

Well, now I just try to improve some Multibotticelli pictures with Csabo GFXedit, and there are some strange things:

-If I load a picture, the editor tends to draw a line from the upper left conner to the current position of mouse with Color1. Reload second time: it is OK. maybe only my PC or mouse?

-Copy/paste: i supposed, that the Paste function will put the clipboard content to the place the cursor is. I was wrong, surprisingly always put it to the position of mouse. I think the first wuld be better, as easier to precisely position. but it is only my view.

Otherwise it is a great tool, i think I will use it more often (I was stuck at version 0.61, this one is really improved)

By The Way I just recently noticed, that it is a great tool to quickly convert the MultiBotticelli pictures to normal pictures from $1800. I do not know, what I do wrong, but after the memory transfer the botticelli pictures all looked crap at $1800. I know it told that tzhe same layout, but it jsut does not worked for me. Too lame :-)
After opening if from Csabo tool, and save it as PRG, it is a perfect normal multicolor picture. Fast and easy for me :-)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024