Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2009-06-20
14:47:12
 Yape detectable speed

Hello,
I think it should be interesting to add to Yape a feature in order to obtain its currently set speed.
For example I run a program at 200%, if I had the opportunity to let program detect the 200, then it could maintain synchronized some jobs (a clock for example) simply dividing by 2 the time.
Only one byte could be sufficient for this, we can set a values table as following:

0 = Feature not enabled
2 = 20% of real Plus4 speed
5 = 50% (half of real Plus4 speed)
10 = 100% (real Plus4 speed)
20 = 200% (double Plus4 speed)
30 = 300% (3x Plus4 speed)
FF = Full speed

What do you think? Gaia? It could be implemented in the same way the emulator signature.

Posted By

SVS
on 2009-06-24
03:02:09
 Re: Yape detectable speed

Attila, what do you think about?

Posted By

Gaia
on 2009-06-24
13:49:07

I think I understand. What would be the use of this? The emulator ID is no longer used widespreadly as emulators tend to become more and more accurate these days.

Posted By

SVS
on 2009-06-24
14:51:34

I'm used to always work with Yape set at 200%. When coding it is playable without problem and cursor runs as fire. Unfortunately possible clock/timer of applications run at 200% too.

Then if I had the opportunity to let my application "understands" that it is running at 200%, then the code involved for a digital clock (for example) can be able to fix its data for correct timing (while the rest of application runs at a fast speed).

The flag I suggest could be an unused byte in the Plus4 Ram. Its value will be considered by code only if different than zero. This will make it transparent even for running in a real Plus4.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024