Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2009-03-18
16:47:57
 Re: Plus/4 World Guidelines! Read!

I made a few changes to the editing. If anyone chooses to add description/intro etc to a program, the "Description" field will be pre-populated. That's now a required field, so the record won't be saved if it's left empty (along with notes).

I understand where Luca is coming from: he (and I) are left with clearing up "empty" records. However, with these changes, I'd say that this issue is solved once and for all. (Yay!) I don't know if I mentioned it publicly, but records are only committed to the db once the user enters all the info and clicks save. That is, if you click some [ add ... ] link, and decide to abandon that page, nothing is done to the db.

Now that this is sorted out, we should see if there are anything that can be done to *encourage* members contributing. There's lots of info that needs to be added! It's in our best interest to make the editing process as simple and fast as possible, so that we don't get in the way. So... Is there something *you* are passionate about? Cheats? Maps? Magazines? Hardware? Try editing that stuff, and see how it goes. All of that is just waiting for you to come along and get things in shape. I'd be happy to hear ideas on how to improve things.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024