Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Ozyma​ndias
on 2008-11-17
17:28:30
 Re: Disc software/games for Plus/4 ?

The Spectrums had a strong standing in certain markets (UK and maybe Spain). I don't think that it was the better platform wink But many of the UK companies grew up with the Spectrums. They had people who knew the Spectrums inside out. In contrast, support for the C16 was only half-hearted from the beginning. And most UK companies decided to go for the unextended C16 which made things more difficult. Still, not impossible as Udo Gertz showed us wink
I really think some companies just didn't know how relatively easy it would have been to convert some titles to the plus/4. It could have been done (see ACE). But there are many commericial ports of C64 (or other 8bit computers) games to the C16 which are really bad. Or not as good as they could have been.
I'm not saying there weren't talented programmers on the C16 but definetely not as many as on other platforms. Or they left too early for other platforms. At least when it comes to commercial releases. And then a couple of years later, some Hungarian coders come along and show how it should have been done. We can't turn back time but maybe this makes the C16 and its fans so special happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024