Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2008-10-16
04:36:49
 Re: Plus/4 documentary

My PERSONAL opinion
Personally I prefer those games developped by some real talented people and converted by other people from C64. Most favourite are:
Self written:
TCFS (Battery2, Commando, Flash Gordon, Hexenküche, Raster Runner, Speedball, Wizard of Wor)
Mad (Mesel az Erdo, Invincible (huge sprites), Godzilla, )
LOD: Quadrillion
Converted ones:
Pigmy: Battle Chess, Bard's Tale 3, Borrowed Time, Tass Times, Driller, Elite, Ingrid's back, Tir Na Nog
Csory: Centarury Alliance, Jinxter, Fish,
Muffbusters: Choplifter, Head over Heels, Barbarian, Into Eagles Net, SpyVS Spy3, Racer1,
TGMS: Dizzys, Laser Squads,

(and sorry if I left out someone)

Usually the graphics and music of these games are MUCH more impressive (especially for Youtube) than the very first developped C16 games (a lot of such old games are on the toplist, like Sabouteur, Icicle Works, ).
From the original ones the Arthur Noid, Treasure Island, Mercenary worth to show,

So if you look for these people in Members list, and check their releases with a good emulator like Plus4Emu from IstvanV or Yape, you will have a good feeling what I mean.

Especially music developped a lot, firstly because of SID musics introduced thanks to the realtime converters (like Laser Squad intro, Supremacy intro, some older converters used by Muffbasters in Barbarian, Head Over Heels) and the intro of SID card into Plus/4 makes real SID music a reality (which is in fact really much better than TED, sorry to say... ( ).
But also the C64 games have generally better graphics because much more people worked on them, so the conversion brought all these efforts to Plus/4. TCFS games are generally excuse, as the graphs are made on plus/4, and the quality of sprites are even higher, than on C64 (as I see).

So, despite the popularity of eg Bongo, Tom Thumb, Super Cobra, they would not be really impressive on Youtube. I would show those ones really using the more Plus/4 colors.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024