Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

PaulK
on 2008-08-19
12:55:28
 Anco - Water Sports

I was just scanning some game reviews out of some old magazines when I came across a full page add for Anco. On the page it has advertised 'Water Sports' as forthcoming with a retail price of £6.95 and Championship Tennis at £5.95. Both games are for the C16 / Plus 4. Anyone know what happened to these games or have I missed them somewhere.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2008-08-19
13:59:41
 Re: Anco - Water Sports

My initial guess would be these are GTWs (Games That Weren't wink). Anco never had a tennis title to my knowledge. However, it would be nice to see those scans, maybe we could figure something out from the screenshots/artwork? Do you have them up somewhere?

Posted By

PaulK
on 2008-08-19
15:06:19

I will load the Anco scan on my website. I have reduced it down 50% as it was quite large
Will try do it tonight.

Posted By

PaulK
on 2008-08-19
15:22:32

I have uploaded the Anco Scan. It can be found here
http://www.commodore-plus4.co.uk/Software.htm
So please help yourself. The other scans I uploaded today can be found on the Diary page. I will try to do some more tomorrow.

Posted By

Sidius
on 2008-08-20
00:54:57

Interesting, but not necessarily unusually...

With 'Water Sports' will be probably meant 'Speedboat Grand Prix' (Sports 4 / Anco Power Pack) !

Yes, right - Anco has never published a game with the name 'Tennis'...but for it Kingsoft namely in the compilation 'Kingsoft Sport Show'.

Posted By

PaulK
on 2008-08-20
11:48:52

I added a few more magazine reviews today, which includes Mercenary and the 2nd city.

Posted By

Rüdiger
on 2008-08-22
15:01:10

Some of the Anco releases are Kingsoft software.

Kingsoft market some titles in germany (and other contries with german language?), Anco (or before Anrig) the rest.

The most titles are from Kingsoft. In this advertising you see all Kingsoft titles as Anco release, only Thai Boxing is from Anco.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024