Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

DIMOS
on 2008-08-17
12:39:05
 how i write files to tapes

Hi! how could i dload games and to save after to tapes for my plus/4?
There are differents games for plus/4 from those of c16?
thnx

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2008-08-17
13:28:21
 Re: how i write files to tapes

> Hi! how could i dload games and to save after to tapes for my plus/4?

Do you mean saving tapes from the PC to be loaded on a real Plus/4 ? There are several options for doing that, although it should be noted that the Datassettes often have problems reading tapes that were recorded with other cassette recorders. If the game is available as a .tap file, you can download that, and use one of the tape utilities from http://plus4world.com/tools/Tape/all to convert the .tap to .wav format (or maybe play the .tap directly), and record the sound with a cassette recorder. Alternatively, you could try using an emulator like plus4emu that supports saving tapes as .wav files and also sending the tape signal directly to the sound card. After loading the game (and possibly also a tape turbo, one is included with the above mentioned emulator as a ROM image), either open a mono WAV file as a tape image, or in the machine configuration options, set the tape feedback level so that the tape signal is played on the sound card and the use of a WAV file can be skipped then.
Note that the polarity of the sound signal is important, so if it is wrong (files are not found), you may need to invert it.

> There are differents games for plus/4 from those of c16?

The main difference between the C16 and the Plus/4 is the different amount of RAM (16 vs. 64K), so most C16 programs will run on the Plus/4, but not the other way.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024