Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-04-22
 Does anyone have this title: Superfile 16?

For illustration please see:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1347243472

If this title needs to be 'saved for posterity', I would be willing to pay for it and have it shipped to someone in UK (Lando? are you reading?) if they will post it to me for inclusion on my website.

James C in NTSC-land

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-04-23
 The absolute best dBase on Plus4

is SuperBase. It has very incredible powerful.
Do you know it?

S\_/S

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-04-23
 Superbase +4

SuperBase for the Plus/4 was released in the US on the flip-side of the 64 version's diskette. It was not released independently here. I do not have this program.

The program I questioned about is SUPER FILE 16 for the C-16. I wondered if it is a program that should be saved in an archive somewhere as I do not remember ever seeing it.

James C

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-04-23
 Wow...

I've never seen or heard of this title either. It's from Tynesoft? Wow. "We" (as in the Plus/4 community) should definitely buy it and archive it...

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-04-23
 I don't know of it.... and not my sort of thing.

How ever, I have placed a bid because it needs to be archived if we can make it happen happy

regards,

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-04-23
 Hold on a second...

Something's fishy there... Isn't that a C64 on the front cover? Did Tynesoft release software for the C64?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-04-23
 Looks like a VIC to me! :)

VIC's are off-white..... 64s are brown..... at least til the 64G which then went to offwhite but had white and grey keycaps.

Either that or my monitor has gone weird. happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-04-23
 Strange

That is a bit strange, but the title does say "Superbase 16". Maybe they did publish it for other platforms first (VIC20 or C64), and once they had a C=16 version, they just replaced the logo... Anyway, we will soon find out since there's less than 2 hours left on the bid.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-04-23
 I've won the bid :-)

yeah looks odd that Superfile 16 and no company logo on the box.... Ah well never mind, I've been robbed before on ebay ;-) Thought Avenger was on it's way when I won a compilation auction with it in. Once I got it, it was C16 Classics 3. Avenger and the other 3 games were adverts on the inside cover. The owner never looked at the tape or the back cover and never owned a C16/Plus4 Grrr :-(

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-04-23
 Anyways I've won hehehe

I placed a crazy 20 pound bid, just incase..... If it is what we hope it's going to be then great.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-04-25
 If you need a copy of the docs for SuperBase +4, let me know...

Was a nice program, just make sure you got the disk save version. The "save to tape" version will make you OLD... waiting...

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-04-25
 Let's amend that..

What I have available is a condensed "how to.." that we wrote for Jack Vander White's diskmag. The actual manual for the Plus/4 version was about 200 pages. The condensed version gives the key commands and examples. There were a few differences between the C64 and Plus/4 versions (key-wise). Most of us went over to DBase +4/C64 because it was transportable to the early ibm (PS2's) and Apple machines, both had a DBase versions. If you've purchased the same proggy that we are talking about, it was also in circulation on a rom/eprom, on this side of the big pond. Got mine from Cantell Computer Services in LA, Calif. way back...

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-04-25
 Thank you Jim if you'll be so kind to send me the Superbase info files.

Bye

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-04-26
 To Lando

Lando,

Do you wish me to send you some money for this purchase? After all I'm the one who originally posted that I would pay for it if I could put the resulting download on my website.

James C

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-04-26
 No....

It would'nt be worth it ship that amount of money over. No worrys at all. Let's get hold of the software first and take it from there. If everythings ok eg.(c16) and it works your more than welcome to have it on your homepage. Fingers crossed.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-04-29
 SVS: Do you want me to E-mail to you or Lando

Sorry was gone for a few days. I have the Superbase and the "How Tos" in D64 Images. I was busy archiving Floppies to D64/D81 images and stopped for breath at 349 megs. Most of my old disks are still readable.. ran across a bunch of unfinished work...

Anyway, let me know if you still want the Superbase stuff. Have them zipped (about 119k).

Lando... your tcp addy or SVS at inwind

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-04-29
 I wouldn't mind having a look

Jim, it sounds like you're getting ready to put your webpage up again?

I'd like a look at the software and instructions if you have a chance......

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-04-30
 Nope!

Hadn't planned on getting a new page up...
Had a shock, after I'd finished archiving nearly 400 megs of plussy stuff on CD... I ran across a box of 372 disk sides of floppies that Peter had sent me with Euro stuff on them... this is going to take a while!

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-04-30
 Well my offer still stands....

If you'd like me to put some stuff up on my webpage, I can.... I emailed you about this back before Christmas, even offered to pay for shipping to get the material to me. You have a lot of impossible to find information there, and I'm sure the rest of the Plus/4 world would like just a peek as to what you have! happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024