Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

PaulK
on 2008-06-17
07:40:03
 Atomic Mission

I have loaded the .prg and run it but nothing seems to happen. If this is blank image how would I load the .crt file. Thanx

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2008-06-17
07:56:49
 Re: Atomic Mission

This program is not a .prg file, but rather a ROM image (cartridge), so it is loaded differently. For example, in plus4emu, select Machine/Configure... from the menu, and on the Memory tab, select the .crt file for "C1L" (click on the '...' button for a file dialog). Others will probably point out how to do the same with other emulators.

Posted By

PaulK
on 2008-06-17
09:03:23

Ok. Thankyou for the info. I will give it ago

Posted By

Lavina
on 2008-06-19
03:06:30

I still have terrible headache for not being able to finish Secret Mission, same game with pics. Anyone interested in debugging it at last?

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2008-06-19
13:14:48

Lavina: if you mean not being able to get the picture after unlocking the yellow button, then I think I have a fix for that. It is possible that there are more bugs as well, but at least I was able to complete the version with my fix (which involved changing a single corrupted byte). Should I upload the modified program ?

Posted By

Luca
on 2008-06-19
14:11:25

Send it to me and the crying messiah will upload it, code a little intro for that and the crying messiah will upload it on a new page happy

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2008-06-19
14:42:31

Here is the modified version:
http://www.sharemation.com/IstvanV/secret_mission_fixed.prg
While I am not sure that this is 100% bug-free already, it can be completed, as can be seen on this walkthrough:
http://www.sharemation.com/IstvanV/secret_mission.demo

Posted By

Luca
on 2008-06-19
17:47:33

Added in Secret Mission, nice how the .demo files work!

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2008-06-19
19:31:31

Yes, the demo recording feature can be useful for games, particularly since it is possible to stop the playback at any time, and then continue the game from there.

I have another (older) fixed program, by the way: First Mod tends to crash on start-up because of an easily fixed bug. This does not happen always, but it does often take a few tries until the program actually runs. The modified version is here: http://www.sharemation.com/IstvanV/first_mod_fixed.zip.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2008-06-20
04:03:54

Thanx a lot! At last I have something to do for the weekend! happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2008-06-20
07:27:14

Added in First Mod!

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2008-06-24
16:12:53

Thanks for uploading the fixed programs. Regarding the original topic (loading .crt files): how about converting the ROM image to a .prg file ? That would be easier to load, particularly on a real machine.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024