Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2008-06-14
06:37:34
 Re: Upcoming XeO3 Demo Level....

In 12 hours after the release, we got the very first words, and the very first hints about improving the game, read Mike's blog to know more. We want more and more words from you! Give us your 2ยข!
Here I wanna report what we've just added to improve the game.

First of all, Degauss pointed out about how silent the ship damage is. He was right, even though XeO3's TEDsound fx handling is not that versatile thing you may suspect to be: our fx have a start and an end, with volume change like a pseudo ADSR. Nonetheless, Mike quickly included a warning sawtooth-ish fx when you touch the walls or when you hit a baddie, I tried it and I think is so cool, also because the player now can instantly see how merciful our "merciful collision system" is wink

This topic is still under possible debating: T.M.R. pointed out that the real difficulty in pickin'up coins is caused by their non-drifting habit: coins don't follow the scrolling as a dead material should do instead. To me, he's right. You can try it by yourself, simply changing to DRIFT -1 for both coins'falling paths in the source code, and recompile, to me is way better!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024