Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Hyrule
on 2008-05-16
12:01:11
 Download doesn't work?

Hey there - I finally found it! The best game ever I used to play when I was a kid: Die verlassene Burg happy

I tried to download it from this site but it doesn't work. Is it me, my computer, or is the link just dead?

Does someone know where I can get that game - I really NEED to play it again!

Thanks a lot!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2008-05-16
12:36:40
 Re: Download doesn't work?

It's not you, Rulez.org is unfortunately down. Luca (or I when I get home) can upload it to our site. If you manage to finish the game, submit a solution to us!

Posted By

Luca
on 2008-05-16
12:51:17

Ok, done.

Posted By

Hyrule
on 2008-05-16
14:02:39

Oh thank you so very much!!

When (if) I finish the game - finally - I will post a solution.

But first I have to start it.. I feel stupid happy I downloaded "ccs64", because this emulator allows you to save and load, but when I try to open the d64-file, it gives me: load "*" ,8,1
then ready, run. but nothing happens..
should I try a different emulator? I hope it's not the file...?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2008-05-16
14:08:24

You definitely should try a different emulator. CCS64 emulates the Commodore 64, but does not emulate the Commodore Plus/4. The game you downloaded from our site is a Commodore Plus/4 game.

You can find the list of emulators here.

Posted By

Hyrule
on 2008-05-16
14:46:30

So, now I'm depressed..

I downloaded minus4w, no$c64w, winemu050, yape and vice but nothing works. either there is only black screen when i load the game or the emulator wants a prg-file. but the game is a d64-file and the many prg-files are just several parts of it, such like "burg" or "baum".

I don't get it...I feel so silly, I mean, I use some other emulators for old games and they all work, but this one - I just don't get it.

Sorry for being so slow on the uptake

Posted By

Csabo
on 2008-05-16
14:58:08

I use YAPE, and the game definitely works with it. Here's the step-by-step:
1. Start YAPE
2. Click File -> Attach disk image
3. Select the downloaded .D64 file
4. Type DLOAD"*" and press Enter
5. Type RUN and press Enter
The game will start. It does take a very long time to load, but you can speed this up by pressing ALT+W. (Press ALT+W again to go back to normal speed.) Another thing that might help is Screen -> Quickdebugger. When you turn this on, there will be a green light that indicates that the drive is loading. That's your indicator that so far so good, and you just have to wait.

Posted By

Hyrule
on 2008-05-16
15:19:20

Ok. Now it seems to work - thank you again!
I'm a bit afraid it could shut down any second, that's why I'd prefer an emulator that has a save/load-function. Anyway, I'm going back to my childhood now and try to find out what is going on in that castle happy

Posted By

Hyrule
on 2008-05-16
15:46:00

I think today is a bad day....
after a few minutes that green light stopped flashing and I had to shut the whole thing down. that's annoying.

so, if someone can advise an emulator that can save and load, please tell me! otherwise, i don't think i can play this game - it's not funny if you're in the middle of it and oll of a sudden it doesn't work anymore.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2008-05-16
15:51:26

To save in YAPE: File -> Emulator snapshot -> Save snapshot as...

To load in YAPE: File -> Emulator snapshot -> Load snapshot...

(BTW, did you press ALT+W? Or you can click Machine -> Full throttle if you prefer. This should speed up the emulation and eliminate much of the waiting.)

Posted By

Hyrule
on 2008-05-16
16:27:45

Yes, thanks for that Alt+w-tip!

And also for the save and load explanation..that's embarrassing: I thought "snapshot" was the same as "screenshot" and would just take a picture or something..

Anyway..thanks a lot for your help! I hope the next time you hear from me is when I post my game-solution happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2008-05-17
08:22:29

Sure, no problem. Although hard to believe (sorry, old skeptical cynic here wink), but it's always nice to hear from new people getting in touch with the old Plussy.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024