Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2008-05-07
07:13:24
 Re: BalSys 3.1

Hi Ingo,
the current dowloading count is: 65 single downloads, that is not bad IMO happy

Regarding your question, yes I've worked with BAL language in my first job. And since it was the language where I've learnt to program, a few years ago I had the idea to code an emulator for it in the nowadays. Of course for Plus4 happy
After achieved a good emulation, able to run the old BAL programs (like GAME, BLACKJACK, etc.) I've thought that I could add to BAL-emulator some features in order to let it more confortable and more powerful. The result is BAL-SYS because it became more than a simple emulator, on the contrary the "improved-part" is now more important than the "emulating-part".
The new features take advantage from the Plus4 architecture and let possible, in an easy way, some operations with Plus4 (like fast read/write or test the values of ports or memory cells). For example you have to use only two BALSYS commands to produce a graphic of the values passed in any Plus4' memory address with a resolution till 1/1450 s.

Last, the best uses of it can be to manage external devices, thru any port, like emergency devices, security devices, alarm clocks, etc. but even with simple test or diagnostic programs (like monitoring of serial communications, etc.). Remember that there are 4 separate lines able to run in background while a BalSys program is running.

Thank you for your questions, I should be glad to answer to any other one!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024