Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2008-05-05
04:45:53
 BalSys 3.1

I've just known that there were more than 60 downloads of new BalSys rel. 3.1 happy
I'm glad of this, meaning that scene is not so sleeping as it seems. I hope that the downloads are not only for pure collecting, then:
Have you run it, what is your opinions? Have you any question on it?

Posted By

Degauss
on 2008-05-06
11:22:52
 Re: BalSys 3.1

Hi SVS!

I downloaded aswell but i only sniffed into the doc's. Were you working with BAL on a professional basis somewhen? BAL was totally new to me and i have to admit that i'm quite happy with basic and asm. I think its quite hard to "propagate" a new language on a platform with a decent basic and a built in ml-monitor wink

Maybe you can give more information about BALSYS: What is the audience? What kind of applications can/should be done in BALSYS? (I know that you are giving a brief intro in your document, but i would like to know some details)

Regards

Ingo

Posted By

SVS
on 2008-05-07
07:13:24

Hi Ingo,
the current dowloading count is: 65 single downloads, that is not bad IMO happy

Regarding your question, yes I've worked with BAL language in my first job. And since it was the language where I've learnt to program, a few years ago I had the idea to code an emulator for it in the nowadays. Of course for Plus4 happy
After achieved a good emulation, able to run the old BAL programs (like GAME, BLACKJACK, etc.) I've thought that I could add to BAL-emulator some features in order to let it more confortable and more powerful. The result is BAL-SYS because it became more than a simple emulator, on the contrary the "improved-part" is now more important than the "emulating-part".
The new features take advantage from the Plus4 architecture and let possible, in an easy way, some operations with Plus4 (like fast read/write or test the values of ports or memory cells). For example you have to use only two BALSYS commands to produce a graphic of the values passed in any Plus4' memory address with a resolution till 1/1450 s.

Last, the best uses of it can be to manage external devices, thru any port, like emergency devices, security devices, alarm clocks, etc. but even with simple test or diagnostic programs (like monitoring of serial communications, etc.). Remember that there are 4 separate lines able to run in background while a BalSys program is running.

Thank you for your questions, I should be glad to answer to any other one!

Posted By

Chronos
on 2008-05-07
15:31:18

any seminars/video tutorials for the beginners, interested ones? happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2008-05-08
02:26:53

>>>any seminars/video tutorials for the beginners, interested ones?

Yes of course.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRBGj4V8YEk (a presentation of release 2.0);
Inside the D64 image is present DEMO.USR file, that is a a demo BAL program explaining/showing the main features of BalSys. You've just to load and run it.
Inside the manual a simple BAL program is listed with all the info.

BAL language is a Wiki argument (in italian language since some days ago).

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024