Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Exin
on 2008-05-05
05:33:44
 Pixelshop

Hi there. I would like to know if Pixelshop is still being worked on. It has still some nasty bugs. It sometimes crashes when saving and mostly when i'm using a graphic tablet...

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-06-23
16:16:11
 Re: Pixelshop and HFLI editing

About Abcug's Pixelshop:

After conversion my HFLI picture had a lot of pixel bugs/artefacts, and I did not want to release it for Silesia Party without fixing them, as Asterix style has no real shades, just straight colors.

So I found Pixelshop as a pretty useful tool, despite no documentation given, and probably there are some keys I did not figure our yet.

Maybe I am wrong, but seems STILL one of the most useable/compatible HIRES FLI Crossplatform Editor (as I know Timanthes, ProjectOne and the other C64 editors still not support Plus/4 color palette).
One of the bigger problem is that the palette of it seems not realistic, I mean the colors on the final PRG shown by Plus4emu and YAPE are different.
(so you can imagine, that I have to continuously correct in my mind the visible color to the correct one. Especially orange and yellow seems to be really off)

-I really like Multipaint GUI (I used it for the Sin City MC animation), but it does not support FLI formats
-I would prefer to use Csabo's GFX Edit, as the color selection is easier, and there are more options.
But it just did not recognise the P4S format or even the RAW HFLIs converted with Istvan's converter.
When loaded the BMP I created, it loaded it as a useless Black and Grey picture.
As Csabo's help file does not work any more in Win10 (!), I was lost. So maybe I was just too lame, but could not use it, depite I tried my best.

Though it was told, you cannot change the colors (or it was maybe not possible in the past?), Pixelshop1.1b can do it:
in HIRES FLI
0: Select Color0 (background color) and put pixels with mouse LB
1: Select Color1 (ink color) and put pixels with mouse LB
CTRL+0 or CTRL+1: brings up the color selection window, as visible below
CTRL+Cursor: In zoom mode move the visible area

The rest is via the GUI, like the zoom, etc. Unfortunately the latest version is not available any more, if you have the installation file, please send it to me! (thanks!)

With Multicolor FLI certainly there are extra 2 colors available per 8x8 attribute and their place pops up in the HIRES menu too.
Not tested yet, but will definitely try it.

One "in progress" picture with a lot of bad colors before correction:

Yeah,I also miss some functions (eg. filled square), or maybe just not found them yet.
I preferred 800x zoom, and switching off the grid, but to see the attribute places.

Yeah, and don't forget the C64 version, that's why I started to do this. Where is Dogmatix? :-)

And the original source by Uderzo himself:

Posted By

Lavina
on 2017-06-23
16:04:37
 Re: Pixelshop

wow, cool. happy

Posted By

bubis
on 2018-11-02
07:50:45

Guys,

The latest version or PixelShop can't be downloaded anymore. Can anyone help?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2018-11-02
08:06:34

1.01b (one before latest) is up both here on Plus/4 and on Othersi. Luca probably has "V1.2jb.zip", he'll probably upload it soon.

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-11-02
08:36:43

Dunno what happens, the file is there but...lemme check once at home.

Posted By

bubis
on 2018-11-02
09:44:58

Hmm, this is strange. The download link doesn't work from p4w but I can list the folder on Othersi and download the file from there. (updated...) No, sorry, I can't download. This must be a permission issue on the server...

FYI: I not only want to support PixelShop as DFLIConv2 output, but you will be able to import PixelShop and save it with viewer prg without conversion! This kind on conversion will work between all supported formats.

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-11-02
09:56:13

Aaaand fixed wink
The .exe file is ravaged by being a false positive for some kind of virus, hence preiodically it gets erased from the zip file, I myself had to link the Othersi.de file because I'd been not able to upload it here :(

Posted By

Csabo
on 2018-11-02
12:09:50

Yeah, it's odd. The EXE in all the previous versions is around 55K, and in this version it's 20K. Looks like it was compressed with an EXE packer. It is not possible to upload this file to our FTP site... It detects the EXE to be infected with a worm.

If someone has an EXE unpacker, we could just unpack it, verify that it's clean, and create a new ZIP. For now, we can use the download link on Othersi.

Also, this is why everyone should release their sources wink

Edit: fixed the EXE and finally uploaded a ZIP to Plus/4 World.

Posted By

MMS
on 2018-11-03
18:24:36

Well, thank you for your efforts. I saw some improvement, but unfortunately cannot use it.

My Avast reports is as a destructive EXE and blocks it accessing major folders, including Documents, etc.
And switches it off after 1 minute.

So it seems I stucked with the previous version (1.1b), but I can live together with those small bugs.
Still a very useful tool.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024