Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-04-15
 Canadian Plus/4

If the logo is "+4=" (+4 and the = from the c= logo) then it's definately Canadian. I do not know why the Canadian units had a different logo than the rest of the world.

In the US, if a unit is sold and then returned to the manufacturer, it cannot be repaired and resold unless marked as such ("refurbished", "factory renewed", etc). The labeling laws were less strict in Canada at the time, so the +4= logo units MIGHT be factory refurbished machines..... or they COULD be the lost "264" units rebadged and sold.... that would explain why they don't say 3-Plus-1 on startup.

Do you have access to the machine to check the motherboard revision, the KERNAL revision, and the model/serial plate on the bottom?

I have seen exactly 2 of these weird-logo units for sale in two years.... haven't bought one 'cause the packaging is identical to the US packaging except the logo on the computer and the box. I presumed that since Canadian units' boxes look the same, the computer itself is also.... now I'll watch for another one.

James C

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024