Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-04-08
 New Plus/4 Website Under Construction

(This message also posted to the Plus/4 Mailing List at c64.rules.org)

Announcing a new Plus/4 website, namely my own

The most interesting thing there at the moment is the Tri-Micro release "Plus/Extra" -- the bugfixed database and upgraded word processor from the author of the original built-in software.

I have posted two versions of "Plus/Extra". The first is a boot-fixed version of the original release. The second (marked 'fixed') not only has the boot fix, but also a fixed word processor courtesy of SVS. (The Tri-Micro release claimed to have a 'exit to BASIC' command that didn't work. SVS has fixed this and also added a CO command to switch the color scheme to black-on-teal for those who don't like the yellow-on-black color scheme.)

Also included in the second version is a diskette-loaded version of the original ROMs for those users who have a C16 with 64K memory expansion, and a patch program for the Plus/4 ROMs that was originally published in a German magazine.

If anyone has a 232 prototype, I'd like a photograph for the website. I had one somewhere but lost it. I also need pics of the 264.

I have more software to post to the website soon, so check back occasionally for updates.

My next project is either Magic Desk II or GEOS Plus/4 -- any preferences as to which I attempt first?

Many thanks to SVS for his help in debugging Plus/Extra!

James C in NTSC-land

Plus/4 and C16 Homepage - North America
Internet Home of Expanded 3-Plus-1 Software
http://www.stormpages.com/plus4/index.html

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-04-08
 Great!!!

Have I said "Congratulations" already? =)

CONGRATULATIONS!

It's always great to see a new site especially, because our plus/4 world is so small compared to our big brother's... What especially interests me, is the fact that it is coming from the US as I knew jack all about how things were going there back then =)

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-04-08
 Nicely said :-)

It's cool to see and like wise I did'nt know anything at all

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-04-08
 Cool

It's nice to see atlast and very intresting to see your side of the Plus/4 world

keep it up and cheers.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024