Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mosh
on 2002-02-25
 Fabled 1703 monitor... does it exist?

Does anyone know if CBM actually released the 1703 monitor for sale. I believe this is the one featured in the user guide for the C16, came in the charcoal case to match the rest of the 264 series. If it was, does anyone know how common it became? If I don't have any of this info right, so if I'm wrong, please let me know.

Cheers
Mosh

Posted By

DeadTED
on 2002-03-08
 I think I have one

is it the monochrome one, if so then I deneitely have one.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-02-26
 Sounds familiar!

I once had a small 5" black and white television from Sears. It was one of those with a built-in radio and aerial, and could use batteries so that you could use it in a car or campground or anywhere you could set it flat.

I liked it 'cause it had the air vents sloped at the top very similar to the Plus/4, and was very similar in color. It looked to the casual observer that the two pieces were designed by the same company.

Alas, the unit died over ten years ago.

James C in NTSC-land

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-02-26
 My little Panasoic TV Rulez ;-)

It's a 10" screen and has a BNC conection. The plussy has never looked so awesome

Would I swap it for any old Commodore Monitor?
NO

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-02-26
 Monitor to match the C16 and Plus/4

... was released as the CM-141 in the United States. I have not seen an Ebay auction for one outside of North America, but it is a pretty rare unit.

It is functionally identical to the 1802 monitor, and uses the same service diagrams as the 1802 other than the differently-colored case pieces.

James C in NTSC-land

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-02-25
 Good question...

Man, this monitor must have looked terrific with that charcoal case....

The 1703 was basically a repackaged 1702. Did it ever make it to production? I don't know... However, looking for some info, I've found this nice article about the 1984 Winter CES, which is really interesting:

http://www.devili.iki.fi/Computers/Commodore/articles/The_Winter_CES_1984/

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024