Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-02-22
 Brain Glitch...

Hey, do you guys really remember all the programming routines and tricks you did? Remember when we all had to work up our own memory maps for the Plus4?
I was showing a friend my old Plus4 that I put the switch and xtal in, for switching between Ntsc/Pal, and I just kinda blanked! Been on PC too long...
Lots of work went into those programs. Lot's of folks using assemblers, some of us stuck with line-by-line ML writing. Almost mind boggling that so much was accomplished with interlacing and the Sidcards, toward the end.
Now it looks like so much Greek to me... can't even remember how I put together those SDA archives that are up on Funet, without a lot of effort.
I wonder what they would pay, on Ebay, for old +4 programmers??
... I think it was burnout....

Posted By

Gaia
on 2002-02-23
 Try this...

Haven't you tried the biggest FTP archive of the plus/4?

The URL is:

ftp://c64.rulez.org/pub/plus4

There should be a directory with diskmags as well...

Attila

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-02-22
 Thanks for the sympathy...

You know, I was surprised when I popped up to Funet. Hadn't been there for a while, or uploaded anything for a long time. What happened??? Great gobs of stuff are gone. I hope someone archived it. Still see my old Solitaire games, graphic utilities and ML toolboxes there.. but most of the mags and info stuff is gone...
Sigh...
Those SDA archives have to be dissolved on a Plus4, don't know if Mike ever tried to dissolve them on his emulator.
I wish I wasn't so isolated here, in Alaska, sometimes. Since the diskmags went down the tube, there was no place to post the pgms except for Funet et al.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-02-22
 I would be keen to pay you

some respects

Sounds like you need a rest, I'd say go back to those old games and take it easy for a while. That should bring back some memorys of the good old day

cheers

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024