Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2007-11-20
10:12:56
 Program to merge BASIC programs

I need a program able to merge 2 Basic files into one. The merging operation should be made by adding the new program to the first file on disk. This because the resulting file will be more than 64KB.
Pls tell me if anybody heard (or own) this program, thanx!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-11-20
22:47:00
 Re: Program to merge BASIC programs

Hmm, I doubt that a native program like this would exist. If the result is >64KB, then it's useless for a stock Plus/4. Maybe you need a PC utility. I haven't tried this (or though about it detail wink, but shouldn't you be able to merge two programs just by merging the PRG files (with a simple COPY command)? You would have to do a RENUMBER first, to make sure that the two programs don't use overlapping ranges, other than that it should work...

Posted By

SVS
on 2007-11-21
02:38:39

Assuming that the resulting joined file will be greather than 64K:
1) it is not true that it is useness with +4, because it can be used by Austrospeed compiling (and this is my needness);
2) I can avoid to RENUMBER it, simply caring that second file starts with Basic linenumbers greather than last linenumber of first one;
3) COPY does not link the last Basic line of first file with first line of second file (really *this* is the core problem to write a program able to do the merging).

Posted By

Sidius
on 2007-11-21
02:58:40

What is with UTILITY C16 (http://plus4world.com/software/Utility_C16)?
Have you tried out this one?

Maybe I would have here, however, something else...
There is a program in the german magazine COMPUTE MIT SA 3/87 with the name MERGE-ROUTINE.
If you want, you can download this program (.d64) from my side:

http://freenet-homepage.de/264er/Commodore/264er/COMPUTE_MIT_SA_3_87.zip

Posted By

Litwr
on 2007-12-28
07:52:23

This unique program (SUPER-PRG-MERGER) can solve problem. See it at litwr.boom.ru/plus4.html
It is slightly slow so it may be compiled at first.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024