Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-10-12
02:58:13
 Re: Interesting Bit: Club Info 101

Oh well, Ingo you know: every time we have to release a new demo game whatever, it should be common guideline to check it when running on the real machine. I would cite some illuminating cases about this point: Ati's part in 8 Shades of Black, which still have some raster troubles in certain conditions, and Murphy's too, which hooked the whole compo entering on a spider web; or the splashes on the sea surface in the last part of my Thalassa demo, coz' they use zeropage address variables, and some of them has shown a different behavior because of the real hardware; not to talk about all the non matching video effects of a overscan picture!

About Shade: mmm...I remember I checked it on real hardware and it run good, maybe Erich uses a 1551 and the trackloader doesn't like it too much? And, hey, we're talking about Larry, I'm persuaded he has been the first one to need real hw checking for his own cool trackmo.
Chronos and Csio promptly declared Adventures in Mono in its party version a "non real hardware compliant", later they quickly released the final version.

Have to be sincere: to me, the on-road checking would be an essential, fundamental requirement for a retro stuff, but Erich's raised the right point (and all the non Germans cry coz' there's no English version of Club-Info): ok it's a good habit, but did we never declare it as essential certificate?

Hey we could spread a graphic brand that certifies your demo as real hardware compliant, in order to show it at the very beginning like, i.e., DolbyStereo or CapCom's QSound! happy
Ah, we could code a dedicated packer with that brand, or animating it with DS-Animater V1.0! wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024