Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2007-06-12
12:07:55
 C16/+4 C=User PDF Scans

hey guys,
thought i'd let you all know on Chris's C16 site i've scanned and uploaded all 111 CU reviews into 2 PDF documents. right now you'll find them in the forum news section for download until Chris moves them in with the other publications happy

Posted By

retroscener
on 2007-06-12
12:16:51
 Re: C16/+4 C=User PDF Scans

i'm not actually sure if there's one or two Chris's here lol. well i guess you should all know where i'm on about, the main C16 domain. thought it was about time they were all gathered together.

Posted By

retroscener
on 2007-06-12
12:19:58

oopsy, another correction to make and no edit funstion.
i didn't scan them as you'll see, i just done the rest of it.
i'll shut up now before i trip over.

Posted By

Sidius
on 2007-06-14
04:26:57

Hey Sixteen Plus,

so first of all many thanks for your trouble!

I find especially interesting the list on the page 3 / PDF-document 1.
For example, the following games are listed there:

- HUNCHBACK II (Ocean) / £6.95 / available: 1. March ???

- KONG STRIKES BACK (Ocean) / £6.95 / available: 1. March ???

- PURPLE TURTLES (Quicksilva) / £5.99

- TORNADO (Quicksilva) / £5.99

- SKYHAWK (Quicksilva) / £5.99

- SHOOT-IT/CLIMB-IT/MUNCH-IT/HOPPIT 4-Pack (Tynesoft) / £14.95

- EXCALIBUR (Tynesoft) / £6.95

Have I missed there something?
As far as I know, these games are never appeared (in this form)...or maybe, nevertheless?

Something else interesting (page 14 / PDF-document 1):

- HIT AND MISS (Venturegate) / £5.95 cass

...also this program was absolutely unknown to me up to now!

Very interesting!!!

Posted By

Sidius
on 2007-06-15
05:37:59

Ok, with the SHOOT-IT/CLIMB-IT/MUNCH-IT/HOPPIT 4-Pack (Tynesoft) / £14.95 has taken care...
...many thanks to Plus4Vampyre for the infos an the following picture:

http://freenet-homepage.de/264er/Commodore/264er/software_starter_pack_tynesoft_front.jpg

Posted By

retroscener
on 2007-06-15
06:35:53

hiya sidius
yup, the tynesoft pack i think were about the first games i bought for my C16 way back then for my birthday, £15 (rip off). i was a little dissapointed although i suppose they weren't toooo bad.

i remember lookiing through one of those massive home christmas catalogues just before i got my C16 (i'm sure), and Hunchback II & Kong Strikes back were in there for the Commodore 16, no plus4 as it wasn't released then.

also which the PDF article failed to mention was Roland's Rat Race which was in the catalogue too. also Daley Thompson, but not Star Event, it was Decathlon which is what i guess the article was referring to.

not only that but it also showed the outlay covers with Commodore 16 written along the top of them.

needless to say i don't own the home shopping catallogue (who bothers to keep them?) every copy has very probably been recycled now, and i can't recall the name of it. a shame really. they're like the holy grail of game covers lol.

i can't say i recall the other games you mentioned converted for the C16 either.

glad you enjoyed the PDF's though, ah the memories happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024