Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2007-06-08
10:44:16
 cbm4win on Vista

Hi!

I tried to install cbm4win 0.4.0 and his gui: gui4cbm4win 0.6.3 on my Vista 32bit (both in a single installer). Everything is fine, the cbm4win driver is installed, it says everything is OK, "cbmctrl reset" also works, my 1541/II is busy for a sec (LPT1, ECC/EPP, XM1541). But every other commands (dir, detect, initialize) hangs up and I can't use the driver, only after reboot. I tried installing with admin rights, no positive results. I read various other forum posts that it works on Vista, but how? Any experiences, advices?

Cheers

Posted By

Gaia
on 2007-06-08
18:43:16
 Re: cbm4win on Vista

Have you seen this thread at CSC?

http://groups.google.nl/group/comp.sys.cbm/browse_frm/thread/e069938134ec7213/61fbc287bcd8f6e0

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2007-06-09
16:45:19

Thanx for reply. I didnt read that topic, but found it on other forums. The v0.6.3 solves this vista security issue. I tried install driver only (from "official" OpenCbm zip) with similar results. Anyway, I installed gui4cbm4win 0.6.3 on my laptop (vista32 also) today and it works perfectly! I think the difference lays in the hardware, my desktop PC is a brand new one, if it counts...

BTW I tried installing this software on XP running in VMWare 6 ... wink I thought it won't show any actions (virtual LPT, timings, etc.) but I impressed. I think it should work, but it shows the same symptoms as on the real iron (Only reset works, no others). I think the problem is in the motherboard. Its type is MSI 965P Platinum. Perhaps one time someone will have the same problems, and if MB is the same...

Over And Out.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2007-06-10
14:22:22

Is this that new MSI motherboard that still has parallel and serial ports? I have read a review of it (of course it was questioned in the review what's the point in having a parallel port these days) and it looked like a nice motherboard. I am about to upgrade my PC soon, so this is a candidate actually. I am not sure when Xu1541 gets ready but I think it'll still take a couple of years until we all can get access to it and use it reliably.

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2007-06-12
04:41:10

Yes, it is and I'm very pleased with it. Hehe, office-geeks really don't need any COM and LPT, but its-a-must for us, developers and plussy-fans wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024