Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Toxitalk
on 2007-04-30
10:58:31
 Battle for the Plus/4

Anyone every play this and win?

At the time all I can remember was the sense that the computer was cheating.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-04-30
11:36:55
 Re: Battle for the Plus/4

Ah, you mean Battle. It runs on C16 too though, right?

Not having an original cover and therefore instructions with it meant I was never able to really play it. I remember having a copy of the program file and loading it up, but I had no idea what to do. I wish I had the time to spend on it, maybe I will one of these days.

You must have played it quite a few times then, do you remember roughly how long an average game takes?

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2007-04-30
13:12:49

I could never really get on with this game. Indeed, I only bought it because it had keyboard controls (I had no working joysticks at the time )

I haven't played it for years, but as I remember, the key to completing this game are the submarines, and if you don't watch the sequence of the computer's movements very carefully, you'll lose track of them easily.

>>At the time all I can remember was the sense that the computer was cheating.

Yep, the computer always knew where your submerged subs were

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-04-30
14:55:16

In the original Toxitalk's post, I deleted am useless "linking attempt" to a tv movie series, hence I could suspect the most sad spam I've seen ever.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2007-05-01
05:17:22

Paul used to play with this for a long time. According to him it's a very enjoyable game, and AFAIKR he was able to win several times. AI was cheating, indeed.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-05-01
10:46:49

Luca: maybe so, but at least we're talking on topic about a game wink

I never actually played the game (yet), so can someone clarify what happens? You submerge your sub, and then you move around - which should be invisible to the other player, and it always shoots at where your subs are, even though you moved them? Or is it not possible to move them once submerged?

Posted By

Degauss
on 2007-05-01
11:33:23

<spam>I played this as a little kid. i don't remember much but i do remember that there was some fun to it</spam>

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-05-01
12:05:18

What's with the spam tag? It's on topic!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024