Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-04-09
17:50:30
 ACEs high ;)

I just checked the Terra Nova page and saw that it said "First Plus4 game with synthesized voice". I thought ACE +4 was released earlier and the database agrees on this. So I changed it to "Second Plus4 game..."

Here's an interesting quote from the ACE page...

"Cascade Games Advertisement
Long before the eye candy GFX, ground objects, speech enhanced and a whole host of options as seen in the Plus/4 version ACE was first released on a Commodore 16! You read correct, ACE for the C16 was were it all started which later evolved for the release on C64, Spectrum and the much loved dedicated Plus/4 version!"

What about the VIC-20/VC20 version? When was that released? RĂ¼diger might know happy

And the ACE title logo looks like it should be multicolor instead of hires, doesn't it? Compare to Ghosts 'n Goblins

Posted By

Luca
on 2007-04-09
18:24:24
 Re: ACEs high ;)

Uhmmm...about ACE I checked: this time I guess they really would have an hires logo with a striped shadowing behind...

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-04-09
19:59:02
 Re: ACEs high ;)

You are right... I was mislead by the stripes and the screenshot size, should have looked at it more carefully. "Blown up" (and on the real machine) it really is obvious that it's meant to be this way.

Well, I'm still curious about the VC20 version...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024