Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-09-09
 Rug Rider.d64

http://plus4world.com/oldnews/may01.htm

Rug Rider is an NTSC game, I did'nt get time but Luca copyed this over to run on his PAL Plus/4 and it did'nt work

Maybe an option to select between PAL or NTSC is needed for emulation?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2001-09-11
 Above instructions for Plus/4 not C64 (nt)

Posted By

JamesC
on 2001-09-11
 Rug Rider PAL?

Okay, let's give this a try:

Copy your Rug Rider diskette, and work from this copy.

LOAD"RE4",8,1
POKE17991,175
POKE18109,136
MONITOR
S "RE4" 8 3700 6B00
X

Now try to run the game. Let me know if this works. I was killing some time tonight and thought I'd see if I could 'break' it for ya.

James C in NTSC-land

Posted By

Luca
on 2001-09-10
 Pleeeeeez!

Please!
Change those damn in RugRider!

Posted By

JamesC
on 2001-09-09
 Re: Rug Rider

Yes, Rug Rider was originally distributed in NTSC format. It was distributed by Tri-Micro (3+1 software) for the North American market.

I am able to successfully run Rug Rider in Mike Dailly's Minus/4 for Windows as long as the 50MHz timer is active and joystick is on cursor keys. Load the 3 block long "BOOT" program for Rug Rider to boot properly. (This is the second file on the diskette.)

Obviously, a REAL Plus/4 that is set for PAL will have problems. One of these days maybe someone will have the time to modify Rug Rider to work properly over there.

I suspect that the fascination with Rug Rider is that it's one of the few North American graphic-oriented games for the Plus/4. Most all of the games I've seen here are text-based or imported from Europe. At the time, the C64 was THE game machine here, so most software houses didn't waste time with a computer that was only sold for about 6 months.

James in NTSC-land

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024