Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2006-10-27
12:04:46
 Re: SID cards.

The "plus/4 should stay plus/4" was aimed at those 20MHz CPUs. Sure, would be a nice toy to play around with but so is the plus/4 already and I rather have two ppl see my stuff than just me wink

I agree with you (Mike) that a "cartridge" version is nice for all (including me) who can't build one themselves. But technically that's not possible unless it's more or less only a "ram drive".
On the other hand, there are ppl around who actually like to build stuff. Maybe we should set up a list of ppl who are willing to do hardware upgrades (for reasonable fees).

About the DTV...
Was it meant as "hardware" to play with? I think it was aimed and "nostalgia gamers" and hackers got lucky from the start because those ports etc were already included (maybe one could even say "sneaked into"). Keep in mind that this was sold via teleshopping (QVC?). And it was sold out I think (at least the NTSC version).
But, yes... I'd pay a little extra if ports were already mounted etc happy I've seen some nice stuff done with the DTV64 and it almost fits in everywhere. But that wouldn't add many buyers and increase the cost of prducing it.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024