Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2006-10-27
11:22:20
 Re: SID cards.

I'd rather see the plus/4 stay a plus/4, too. With the SID card (even though I like it) I got mixed feelings, too, sometimes. If it's supported, great. But I don't like games/demos that are silent without it. Still, the SID card is a bit different from other "add ons" because many games and most demos use SID musics (or converted ones) anyway.

Other add ons should be just for convenience and not mandatory to run software. And maybe developers should focus together on efforts that are already made. That 1541III (an MMC/SD drive on the serial port) comes to my mind. It's nice for mass storage and file transfer. And obviously, it works on C16 already. I haven't followed the development recently but I'll check again.

The "...HANNES.../SOLDER" 256kb extension (and the CSORY one) are somewhat standards. Another one would just add confusion and I don't wanna buy a 256kb extension just for one game (Sorry, Mike wink ).

That's why I think the new SID card should be just a SID card (though keeping compatibility to the old one, including a mounted joyport) and not a swiss army knife.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024