Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2001-08-09
 Zzap!64 said it!

Run to
http://www.zzap64.co.uk
and, if you get the lucky time during the server is up, please watch both pages 26, 18 and 19 of issue 20: "1942", "Space Harrier" and the most sure "Avenger" MUST BE somewhere available for +4!

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-08-10
 :-) TerraNova C16

Yes your right! Terra Nova has some cool background GFX,and yes it was running in 16k. Then we had Terra Cognita and Tomcat!

1942 could be done were is it?

Also looking at trailblazer it makes me wonder just maybe Space Harrier could be done now... Shaun Southern would of been the right man to do this conversion. We can only wish

WHERE ARE THESE GAMES??? (snif)

Posted By

Luca
on 2001-08-10
 Examples are easy to recall...

After having played (?) 'games' like "Green Beret" (aaargh!) and Ghost'n'Goblins (gosh!) in their respective c16 version, I see no problems for a c16 version of "Space Harrier"...
Often, the c64 version was quite shitty, and the poor 2-frames animated sprite should be not so complicated to translate in something c16ish (apropo, I throw my gauntlet: I think nobody can see that sprite without laughing...it's too much ridicolous!).

Most of all, I guess "Avenger" is the difficult one!

Finally, d'ya never seen the c16-only TerraNova?

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-08-10
 Ah yes!! Well spotted Luca

Thing on a Spring Available December........ No way I can't believe I'm reading it. I never saw or knew about this coming to C16.... Wow and here we see Avenger again just like the trailblazer inside cover.

Again is 1942 and for the first time I have ever seen is Space Harrier. When you emailed me about 18months ago I thought you were asking an odd question because I never saw it

I wish we could jump back in time and phone Elite up to find out the truth....

Your the best man to ask. What are your views of Space Harrier fitting into 16k and even looking any good. And remember they would of charged £7.95 for the game?

I think deep down a Space Harrier port did not happen. Take a look at Bomb Jack for the blocky-ness and then look at the C64 version of Space Harrier.....
Elite had good programmers behind them for sure, but I don't think they could of pulled it off on our none sprite machine.

1942 would of looked more like Reach for the Skys if it ever did come out...

Posted By

Luca
on 2001-08-09
 ...and..

...if you look between page 26+27 at the bottom, there are three announcements for c16/+4 conversions: two of these ("Way of the Tiger" and "Bounder") are well known...but "Thing on a Spring?????

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024