Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2006-05-09
02:18:49
 Yape fastest mode

Hello everybody,
I recently did use last version of Yape with maximum speed (ALT-W) and noted an odd behavior, different than previous versions.
Infact the screen frames go to 0 fps, that means the screen image is updated once a few seconds. My PC settings are the same than months ago, when I had 8 or 9 fps while fastest mode on.
Has anybody notices tha same problem?

Posted By

Lavina
on 2006-05-09
03:20:04
 Re: Yape fastest mode

how fast is YAPE in ALT + W mode on Your PC's? happy

Mine does 1018 %.

Anyway, I have an old bug in YAPE, i saw it on all versions. I think I already mentioned it somewhere, but here it is again, because nobody experienced it besides me:

If you program in basic, and hit an enter (return) to finish a basic line, sometimes a strange character appears at the bottom right corner of the screen, approximately 10 char positions away from bottom-right corner in both vertical and horizontal directions to the center. The character itself is a vertical line, one char, something like shift + C . The char is visible only for an eyeblink of time, and the whole phenomenon happens once in 400-600 times of hitting return to finish a line. ODD, but beleive me, it's there.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2006-05-09
03:57:59

Max speed on my PC is ~1750% and ~85 fps. Note: this is the newest beta, that is a tad bit faster than 0.65 ;-)

SVS: the frame rate in full throttle mode is calculated dinamically. In the next version I'll fix it so that it never goes below 10 fps. This reminds me: is there maybe a need for a "fast mode" in Yape that is less compatible (screen is updated only once per rasterline) but about 2 times faster than "normal" mode?

Lavina: you still see that? maybe it's your own eyeblink? happy

Posted By

Lavina
on 2006-05-09
04:20:30

I promise it's there. I am certain of it, as in recent years I programmed in basic a lot on YAPE to create speedcode generators. First I tought it's only my imagination, but after 7-8 occurances, I was certain of my truth. Maybe only I see it because I use the Yape the most to program in basic, and it's a really rare phenomenon.

Actually my eye is quite good, both in sharp vision and in fast perception-recognition, I am still getting the best results in all kinds of eye-tests.

Posted By

SVS
on 2006-05-09
08:32:07

@Gaia:
I'm used to set Yape to fast mode, when I compile sources with AustroSpeed, then I well know how it runs. What I have to add is that before 0.65 release I obtained the same speed value, but with more ftp (8 or 9 instead of 0 or 1 now).

@Lavina:
I entered BASIC lines too, for Austrospeed sources, but I never noticed your "effect". Maybe it happens on your eye as a phosphorus permanence (do you see it green?). Being serious, I suggest you to try to change your monitor frequency.

@Speeds:
What are your measured speed with Drives emulation on (8 as 1551 CPU; 9 as 1551 IEC)?

Posted By

Lavina
on 2006-05-09
10:20:50

No, It's not a trick of the eye. It's there, it happens always in the color of the chars (color1,...) usually black as I use black default. I experienced it on CRT also, but for 3 years now I have TFT, and it happens also on it. How do you explain that? happy

Posted By

Lavina
on 2006-05-10
04:54:54

and it's always at the same place, always the same char (I bet it's shift+C)

Posted By

SVS
on 2006-05-10
09:17:11

>>This reminds me: is there maybe a need for a "fast mode" in Yape that is less compatible (screen is updated only once per rasterline) but about 2 times faster than "normal" mode?

Yes Gaia, please include it if it is possible.
("We need more power, Mr. Scott") happy

Posted By

bubis
on 2006-05-10
10:01:54

My one 1116%+.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2006-05-10
12:13:28

hm strange, my YAPE 0.65 stays at 30 fps at ~1070 %

Posted By

Lavina
on 2006-05-10
12:39:39

ok I was not very exact. So, settings:

yape 0.65
normal screen size (not double)
no disk drive emulation
no video display emulation

~1150 % (and 32 FPS. ????)

I wonder how much I can tune my pc with some FSB raise... happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2006-05-15
08:22:02

@Gaia:
With 2 drives emulation on, and double size screen, I obtain the following results:

Full trottle (ALT-W): Speed = 470% FPS 1
Vertical sync: Speed = 450% FPS 25

is this a normal result?

Posted By

Gaia
on 2006-05-15
08:32:46

Vertical sync does not make much sense with 25 fps, how did you achieve that?

Posted By

SVS
on 2006-05-15
08:52:15

>>Vertical sync does not make much sense with 25 fps, how did you achieve that?

Simply by setting max FPS 25, then Speed = Vertical Sync.
Notice that the screen is well refreshed and is workable, (instead of 1 FPS that is not workable)
Have I a problem with my video card? :-/

Posted By

Gaia
on 2006-05-15
18:46:56

Yeah that setting does not make much sense, I'll change that in the next version. I have already set the minimum FPS rate to 10. There's nothing wrong with your card.

Posted By

SVS
on 2006-05-29
10:24:14

Just to inform Gaia that the 0.66 version solved the problem, and further increased the speed

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024