Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2006-05-06
17:57:48
 Re: [8 Shades of Black] Official thread

About Murphy's idea of a parallel compo.

At first sight, it was nice'n'cool: a compo that subtracts our release from a c64 compo in order to have a REAL c64 compo and a REAL c16 one, and not a WILD one. Hope there will be more than Singular and Chorus releases then happy (Hey I love Singular and Chorus releases! I could do a "Chorus Demo Compo" for the party, in which all the Chorus demos partichahahahahahaha!).
Well, seriously, a compo would be "pepper on the ass" (nice italian phrase!), would be a reenergizing improvement, would be...would be....

OMG would be not much

Yeah, in this case it seems to take so little improvement with it, though pretty nice. Let imagine together. The stuff will be watched and maybe released to at Singular's homebase; then, after some weeks, me and Ingo (that created and worked on it) will release the same stuff with a fantastic irqloader that surely will leave ppl astonished, wow, kewl! After this release, Ingo and me will pass weeks and weeks, sending messages sms and emails to all the ppl that blame us, little messages with "We came first!" default phrase, in order to answer angry ppl claiming us as stupid lamers. happy

Also, the compo idea doesn't seem to give advantage to ppl who need more time, who did ask to MagerValp, for example, if he really will code for 8SOB after LCP?
I think the compo idea simply doesn't mach with this specific trackmo. Moreover, a 16k compo would be the next step, after this trackmo, once the genre had been sealed (8sob and 4ever03 compo, you know; but the rules had been consolidate in this trackmo only: unpacked, no sid, etc.). I really hope a compo will follow!

We need enthusiastic ppl loaded with ideas that pop out like a barazilian carnival, there are the scene's treasure. The compo idea for 8SOB simply seems to be the wrong key to open a golden chest. I think we should leave this stuff as thought on its roots.

Remember: I'm not "Da Owner", mine is only a voice, and 8SOB had been claimed to be really democratic. Let's discuss all ideas about, and let's improve it together.

...while coding, of course... wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024