Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Strassen, Patrick
on 2001-06-14
 Re : More info..

>>Also the Design & GFX was by Captain Carnage...... Was this you?

When I was at college I shared a house with a Guy, Chris, who was into Jeff Minter games and had an idea for a game based around his graphics, he wanted to be known by this name (?).

>>I was amazed by the rainbow bars you added to the >>borders of the game along with the fast smooth >>scrolling which is almost on par with Sonic on the >>Megadrive Wicked!

This was the last game that I sold and spent a couple of years trying to improve it (my first version was in Autobahn, for Tynesoft). The rainbow stuff was inspired by Jeff Minter's games.

>> Was Xcellor8 going to be a Mastertronic release
>> before Gremlin Graphics snapped you up ?

At the time I had just finished doing a conversion for Gremlin Graphics (Bounder) through a 3rd party (DPA) and they liked the game (and didn't want me to change any of it).

>> Did you code Daley Thompsons Star Events (There was >> no authors name in-game) because your Street
>> Olympics was very similar?

No, Street Olympics was 'inspired' by DT's Star events. I wasn't/am not good at graphics so I opted for Coronation Street houses.

>> Was there any other cool games you may not of added
>> your name to or helped work with.
In order of writing:

Published
Vox, Autobahn, Pogo Pete, Street Olympics, Powerball, Bounder, Xcellor8, GWNN.

UnPublished/Not completed
Warhawk, Suicide Express, Uridium (very minor), some Galaga shoot-em-up game.

In all the games I have ever written there is always a cheat (the typing of a word) allowing you to get infinite lives, not die or run at maximum speed automatically.

Thanks for taking an interest

Patrick

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024