Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-06-14
 Please tell us more.

Hi Patrick, great to here from you

Also the Design & GFX was by Captain Carnage...... Was this you?

I was amazed by the rainbow bars you added to the borders of the game along with the fast smooth scrolling which is almost on par with Sonic on the Megadrive Wicked!

Was Xcellor8 going to be a Mastertronic release before Gremlin Graphics snapped you up ?

Did you code Daley Thompsons Star Events (There was no authors name in-game) because your Street Olympics was very similar?

Was there any other cool games you may not of added
your name to or helped work with.

Sorry for so many questions.

Power ball was my fav and even today it's a class game. Man you showed us how 16k of memory was ment to be used. Many thanks for your games.

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-06-17
 Good man :-)

Well, all the best with the move and hope to hear from you sometime in the future. Dont drop anything will ya!

Looking forward to seeing your work.

kind regards,

Posted By

Pat
on 2001-06-17
 Untitled

I am moving house next week so when I'm settled in I'll have a go at trying to read my old floppy disks and i'll send you anything that looks ok (and runs).

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-06-14
 Can we jump back to 1986-ish and have these games released..

>UnPublished/Not completed
>Warhawk, Suicide Express, Uridium (very minor), some Galaga shoot-em-up game.

With your already imaginative releases and the awesome conversion of Bounder it almost makes me cry wondering how cool the above title would of been...

Wow even the thought of Uridim on C16 is alarming.

Would you still have any of your works at hand so we could have a look? They would be most intresting to see.

Also the cheat I did'nt find.... I tried PAT and TTOAW (the typing of a word), well after the GWNN name I had to try. Yep I'm think like that
Do you have any clues or have I already missed it?

cheers,

Posted By

Strassen, Patrick
on 2001-06-14
 Re : More info..

>>Also the Design & GFX was by Captain Carnage...... Was this you?

When I was at college I shared a house with a Guy, Chris, who was into Jeff Minter games and had an idea for a game based around his graphics, he wanted to be known by this name (?).

>>I was amazed by the rainbow bars you added to the >>borders of the game along with the fast smooth >>scrolling which is almost on par with Sonic on the >>Megadrive Wicked!

This was the last game that I sold and spent a couple of years trying to improve it (my first version was in Autobahn, for Tynesoft). The rainbow stuff was inspired by Jeff Minter's games.

>> Was Xcellor8 going to be a Mastertronic release
>> before Gremlin Graphics snapped you up ?

At the time I had just finished doing a conversion for Gremlin Graphics (Bounder) through a 3rd party (DPA) and they liked the game (and didn't want me to change any of it).

>> Did you code Daley Thompsons Star Events (There was >> no authors name in-game) because your Street
>> Olympics was very similar?

No, Street Olympics was 'inspired' by DT's Star events. I wasn't/am not good at graphics so I opted for Coronation Street houses.

>> Was there any other cool games you may not of added
>> your name to or helped work with.
In order of writing:

Published
Vox, Autobahn, Pogo Pete, Street Olympics, Powerball, Bounder, Xcellor8, GWNN.

UnPublished/Not completed
Warhawk, Suicide Express, Uridium (very minor), some Galaga shoot-em-up game.

In all the games I have ever written there is always a cheat (the typing of a word) allowing you to get infinite lives, not die or run at maximum speed automatically.

Thanks for taking an interest

Patrick

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024