Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2006-01-11
20:15:15
 Re: Gorf addition to the database

Probably you just know about this page.
Here we can see the Magic Voice device, and also we can read this:

Commodore also planned a variety of software that was supposed to work with the unit -- even cartridges could trigger speech thanks to a passthrough on top of the Magic Voice. Very few titles actually appeared, of course. The most famous Magic Voice-enabled title is the Wizard of Wor cartridge, which software-modifies the unit to speak, in a menacing male tone, utterances such as "your bones will lie in the Dungeons of Wor -- ha ha ha ha" and "my pets are getting hungry." Gorf was also billed as speech-ready, confirmed by David Vohs, who has successfully used the cartridge with his unit; when I demonstrated the Magic Voice at the Vintage Computer Festival, I also used Gorf. (By the way, the speech for Wizard of Wor gets reeeeeallly annoying quickly.) Nick Coplin has also found a cartridge called A, Bee, C's which *requires* the Magic Voice; it will not function without it. Commodore planned to turn this title into a series, but the announced sequels Spelling Bee and Counting Bee were apparently unreleased.

Could it be an hint?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024