|Zortek And The Microchips|
|Title:||Zortek And The Microchips|
|Device Req.:||Disk (1 side) or 2 Tapes|
|Machine:||PAL & NTSC|
|Released by:||Commodore Business Machines (UK) Ltd. (CBM)|
|Notes:||Full name: Start Programming with Zortek and the Microchips. Advertised as available in cassette or disc formats. WANTED: a better full box scan!|
User Rating: 6.3/10 (3 votes)
If you have a better quality scan, please send it to us!
|It is an original COMMODORE-Release (US or/and UK ???) and it was delivered on two tapes, |
an instruction-booklet (in full-color comic book style) and a sticker/badge ("I program with Gortek").
It was released for the C16/Plus4, the C64/C128 and the VIC20,
whereby the versions for the C64 and the VIC20 were called GORTEK AND THE MICROCHIPS !!!
This game/software was designed to teach programming the BASIC-Language to children - thus an BASIC-Course... ;-))
The (short) Story:
"Help ZORTEK (GORTEK) to teach the Microchips to program the Computer in time to ward off an attack from the powerfull Zitrons !"
Links to the C64 version
- the C64-Version (Box, 2 tapes, instructions and the sticker) [ link ]
- a larger/detailed foto of the C64-Box. [ link ]
- The C64-Version with everything which belongs to it in details… [ link ]
- The VIC20-Version (Box, 2 tapes, instructions and the sticker) [ link ]
- a larger/detailed foto of the VIC20-Box. [ link ]
- a Commodore-Comercial-Flyer with a little screenshot of the C64-Version… [ link ]
|Facts About The Game|
|"The back of the stockroom had 2 big double doors. One night somebody ramraided the building and stole thousands of copies of a game called 'Zortek and the Microchips'. It was completely useless, and had been left there for years to keep the draught out - they couldn't sell it. They were about to claim thousands in insurance until the police recovered all of them, even the thieves didn't want them."|
Kevin Blake, Tynesoft.
Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2018