Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-12-23
18:38:02
 Re: Software Rarity

Further Suggestions, based on your comments so far:

- Different versions are usually indicated by different covers. Therefore, when a specific cover is known, the rating of rare to common should apply to that particular version.

- Compilations (re-releases, re-re-releases) are listed in this database as seperate entries, and should be rated on their own, not on the programs contained in the compliation.

- Do we need to nitpick down to "slightly more common than a Plus Pack tape, but not as common as a Mastertronic tape from 1986"? Would 10 rarity levels be (enough), (not enough), or (too many)?

- I wrote 1 being vaporware, 5 being very common, to be consistent with Csabo, but also to indicate how precious a particular title is. A "number one" is more precious than a "number three" program, for example, due to its rarity (not due to playability score, otherwise only Tom Thumb would be a 1).

- I disagree with the idea of the site listing prices. Reason one, I'm in North America and rarity here is completely different than over there in Europe. Reason two, as stated by another, an Ebay seller may decide to use the list to price his offerings higher than we collectors are willing to pay, or throw "junk" into the lot so that we have to pay more for that one rare gem.

- If our titles start going up in price on Ebay, I nominate holding C16Chris responsible. happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024