Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Plus4Vampyre
on 2005-12-23
09:21:46
 Re: Software Rarity

James is absolutly right - the suggestion of James is a common method to specify the rarity of a computer game. Have a look to http://www.digitpress.com/ - I would suggest the scale of 0 to 10 - 0 are rumor mills like Wizard of Wor,1942,.. - 10 prototypes. 9 is extrem rare like the Octasoft BASIC 7.0 Cartridge and 1 is common lilke the Mastertronic tapes. I one of the old topics in the forum I suggested to add a rarity guide to this site - maybe Csabo or Lando can do this. @James - I would give Hulk a rarity of 8 because its rare but I have seen this on ebay 3 times. @C16 Chris - in my opinon you have to set up first the rarity than the price - but the price does not depend on the rarity - eg. Pac Man for the Atari 2600 has a rarity of 1 (because there are more carts than concoles) but the price is 1$-5$ because the people love the game and are willing to pay 5$. It's also a bad idea to add the shipping cost to the price of an game. I think its a great idea to have a catalogue of rarity and price for all the c16/plus/4 games but it should be realistic and in my opinion the user of the emucamp site should be able to set the rarity and maybe price by there experiences. And I do not want to resign the estimation of Crown, Ulysses, James and all the other users.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024