Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Hawk
on 2001-05-21
 Hardware-Problem?

Hi,
after a long time, i 'found' my plus4 again...
but after turning on, a lot of 'P' running down the screen. i can work with the plus4, but it looks terrible. in games it's sometimes a quater of the screen! do somebody know, what to hell this is?

please, mail mail me than!

sorry about my poor english...

Posted By

Hawk
on 2001-05-22
 Where to buy

Mhhhh,North America is a little bit too far from Germany I will try to get a new plus4 by ebay ( there is one for $3 with datasette). But thanks for your help

Posted By

James
on 2001-05-22
 Obtaining a TED chip

The TED chip is marked MOS 7360 on your motherboard. MOS was Commodore's chipmaking division, and was sold off when Commodore went through bankruptcy in the early 1990's.

If you can obtain just the TED chip, congratulations! There are so few Commodore service places left in North America that we stock up on spare Plus/4s (I have 3) and 1541s (I have 2 plus a 1581) here.

James

Posted By

Hawk
on 2001-05-22
 TEF-Chip

mhhhh,
do you mean, i have to change the chip? where can i localize it on the mainboard? do you know the full name of the chip? maybe i can buy one somewhere...

Posted By

Mike
on 2001-05-22
 ebay

Check out ebay... you can pick up an old plus4 really cheap, and replace the lost love of your life

Posted By

SVS
on 2001-05-22
 If 'P' key is clear,

then problem is TED chip (sorry).
This because you told programs run (not as well) but run.
Beware with cord ribbon of the keyboard. It is a little difficult to fit in correctly. Do it very smoothly and pay attention to all pins.
Best wishes

S\_/S OF [FIRE]

Posted By

James
on 2001-05-22
 Stuck Key or Loose Connection?

You might try removing the P key from your keyboard and checking the spring under it. Also remove the keyboard from the case and check the contact where electrical connection is made.

Also check to make suer your ribbon cable (connecting the keyboard assembly to the motherboard) is firmly seated in its connector on the motherboard.

All checks should be made with power off and all cords removed from the Plus/4, to remove electrocution hazards.

James

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024