Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

karl
on 2005-12-01
22:45:40
 The real thing

I am running my plus 4 with my pc monitor. For that i use a s-video cable coming from the plus 4 and outputing to my pc video cards in. Than i use Asus Digital VCR to see the s-video.
Is there a better solution than this ? i.e using a kind of adapter to go directly into the monitor ?

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-12-01
23:46:17
 Re: The real thing

Csabo (one of the webmasters here) is using a similar setup to yours, just a different video card and accessory software.

There is no direct hardware adapter that will let you view the Commodore on a PC's VGA monitor.

You might consider a cheap television.... just about all new tv's now come with CRA jacks right on the front so you can attach a videogame system or a camcorder. This is the correct setup for a Commodore as well. All you need is the cable that runs from the MONITOR output (far right on the back of the computer) to two or three RCA jacks.

If you can solder, you can make the cable yourself with a 8-pin DIN connector, a length of wire, and two or three RCA jacks (depending on if your television accepts seperate chroma input or just composite input).

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-12-01
23:47:08

Correction: "just about all new tv's now come with RCA jacks".

Posted By

siz
on 2005-12-02
02:30:24

There ARE some video-to-vga converters but they are a bit expensive. These (the more expensive ones) can also be used with a TFT monitor. (Because I don't know any TFT that can do 50Hz). I found a suitable type for me: Grand Video Mate (sorry I can't find it's home page)

And there are some external TV tuners that can be operated without having the PC turned on. These ones have composite video (rca), s-video and vga inputs and with Picture-in-picture technology it mixes the inputs to the monitor output. One example for these tuners is Avermedia AVerTV Box7. (http://www.avermedia.com/cgi-bin/products_tvtunerbox_avertvbox7.asp?show=3)

Posted By

karl
on 2005-12-02
07:52:52

Thanks, you're right, i found others here : http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?category=219&likref=google_video2vga&gclid=CN_Pwp7_3YECFSbuPgod2wvrkw
Anyone know them ?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024