Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chris
on 2001-05-16
 GHOSTOWN

Ghostown is one of favourite games for thr C16/Plus4.

Running this game on my C16 emulator for my Amiga and also my PC, I cannot pick up any of the objects.

I thought that you have to just touch the object to take it,but every emulator that I have tried for the Amiga and PC does not pick up the objects.

This really is quite annoying. Any ideas??

please download Ghostown from this site to see if you can get further than screen 2.

Posted By

Chris
on 2001-05-24
 CP4 rules!!

Thanks for those tips, especially the one for Tom Thumb that rally is a great game.

At the moment my Amiga has a 040 inside although I am very tempted to upgrade to one of those PPC accellerators. Think I'll wait for the G3/G4 to come out for the Amiga, so that I can really fly

By the way that Super kikstart game for the Amiga rules!!!, although still can't quite beat the C14/Plus4 version.

All the best.

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-05-19
 Cool.

It's great to hear from another CP4 user

Do you have an 060/50 ?

Just incase you may not know here are a couple of tips for CP4:

New to you is C64 SID music on the PLUS/4 !!
Please try out some of the later issues of Luca's Lone News and setup CP4's sound for SID before running them. I've been told having a real SID card for you Plus4 is KING!

Some games have been packed (compressed). This is very rare, but you will find CP4 having problems and slowing down to almost a stand still. If you do come across these type of games then turn the sound off and CP4 will run as normal. Once the game is running turn the sound back on. Like I said this is rare, but there are some I have uploaded like this. One game off my head like this is "Duotris". For some odd reason Sound is clashing with the type of compressions used.....

There is a small trick to get Tom Thumb running cool with CP4. From the main "Preferences" goto "Prefs" and set the option "REAL TIME" as a tick. Tom should now run cool. If you find it to be jumpy and not looking correct then quit out and try again. The trick is to catch the FPS just right and Tom runs great. The background music does play slower than normal, but the game never slows down. Enjoy Also WinEMU on PC is cool for Tom Thumb.

You can HEADER/SCRATCH D64 files

regards,

Posted By

Chris
on 2001-05-18
 Oh yeah!!

Thank you for the information and walk through, now at last I can complete my favourite game!!!!

Y'know I never did complete it after all those years, unfortunatly my Plus4 broke about 10years ago so haven't played these classic games for ages.

I can't beleive I forgot how to play Ghostown, but then again I have difficulty remembering what I did yesterday and where I left my keys

Kickstart and Tomb Thumb are my other favourite games though I have never completed these either ;-(

The emulator that I use the most is CP4 for the Amiga, I find it easier to use than the others, although it cannot beat having an actual Plus 4 machine, F1 F2 F3 F4 Database.

All the best!!!

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-05-17
 =) I wonder if you have forgotten how to play it?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024