Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Jay
on 2001-05-11
 Plus/4 Programmer's Reference

Hi all, I am new to the Plus/4 community, but I just got one of these machines, and think it's pretty damned neat!

Just wondering if there's a Programmer's Ref book for it, like there was for the 64/128? I'd love to do some programming for this thing, but I don't know where to start. Is this info available online, or by some sort of re-seller?

Thanks! Keep up the great work, everyone!

Posted By

Jay
on 2001-05-24
 Thanks Claude!

You're doing a real service to the Plus 4 users out there! Personally, I can't wait to try and program with this thing, but I need some starting points. It'll take me awhile to get familiar with it, but your web site & scans will be a big help!

Many, many thanks!

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-05-14
 Hi Claude.

Wow! Your scanning the Anco ref book.... Good work!!

regards,

Posted By

DeadTED
on 2001-05-14
 Scanning Reference Book

Hi all,

I don't have the reference book that you guys mention here, instead I have the ANCO reference book writter by Fritz Schaffer.

I am currently half way through scanning this book, I think it should be finished and uploaded, by beginning of next month.

I am also scanning all the other books listed on my web site at :

http://www.geocities.com/plus4books/

currently there are three scanned books, but these are in Gif format not PDF, so they will take longer to download.

All the stuff is currently being re-scanned in PDF as it is much smaller and quicker to download.

Regards,

Claude Nehme.

Posted By

James
on 2001-05-11
 Programmers' Reference Guide to the Commodore Plus/4

... was written by Cyndie Merten and Sarah Meyer, published 1986 by Scott, Foresman and Co in North America. It is currently out of print; check Amazon.com or Ebay.com (I know there's currently one for auction on Ebay), or your local used book store.

According to Amazon.com, there was also a companion Programmers' Reference Guide published for the C16 by the same authors. I imagine it was a slightly modified version of the Plus/4 book, as all the memory locations in ROM would be the same. They would basically drop the chapter on the built-in software and sell the same book twice....

Claude Nehme was going to scan the book and put it online at one time, but I don't know how far he has gotten with that. I do have a copy of it - if there's anything you'd like referenced I would be happy to look it up and write back. (A sample would be the message about function keys a couple of weeks ago.)

James

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024