Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gec
on 2005-10-12
05:25:29
 TED chip and joystick reads

Guys,

Got a question.
Some years ago I owned plus/4 machine with which I had a problem a couple of times. When I was repairing my joysting and acidentially broken (I think) my ted chip I had this effect of funny readings from joy port. I always repaired it by replacing the TED chip. I can't remember what proper readings for joy port should be. Do you have such list? Now I bought a vintage plus/4 machine and have some homes and some other control chars.

I also rememberd that I could determine that TED is broken by switching the screen blank - of color of the border (that's when the perfrormance is boosted) the screen would flicker. Do you remember a poke/sys command for blanking the screen?

Thanks in advance

Gec.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-10-12
09:55:55
 Re: TED chip and joystick reads

Proper joy readings: are you thinking of this? When you plug a joy to one port and move it, it "types" 3WA4, and 5RD6T from the other?

To blank the screen, either go MONITOR, >FF06 0, or type POKE 65286,0.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-10-12
17:09:33

Advice in advance: don't repair your joystick while attached to your Plus/4! Also make sure the power is off when connecting or unconnecting equipment.

I am probably the only guy who has never killed his TED with a joystick..... well not accidentally, anyway! happy

Posted By

gec
on 2005-10-18
12:55:45

Hehe wink

That's the mistake I made some 17 years ago... wink Can you believe it??? So much time... And the plus/4 still looks sexy...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024