Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Monty
on 2005-10-04
01:03:13
 Re: Using Commodore 1541 disk drive on a Commodore + 4

well both drives run ok on the c64, the lights on all drives work as they should when powering up and are bright.[on both drives] as far as I know everything is pal uk as I bought everything from uk ebay and nothing uses stepdown convertors.
When I turn on the drive and the plus/4 the light comes on then it reads the disk briefly which makes me think its not a fault in the plus/4. if i unplug the drive from the plus 4 while its on i get a message saying drive error not found etc so it knows its there although it still won't boot any +4 disks. Im thinking maybe its the image I got it from here and maybe its a copied original and that it won't read it due to copy protection as it may be an exact image copy?
Are there any hacked versions of plus/4 games on this site I can test it with maybe? thats maybe a long shot .. It could be as you said the driver heads but then if it was wouldnt I have a read problem on the lone of the drivs and not the other when connected to the c64?maybe I just have a stubborn plus/4!
could be the lead too although I have 2 and have tested them both ..
Right im gonna give up for tonight before I pass out with lack of sleep lol
night for now ^_^

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024