Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chris
on 2005-09-14
17:11:36
 Retro:Bytes UK Commercial Magazine

Hi all,

In November Retro:Bytes magazine will be hitting our shelves in the uk, also will be available through subscription. This magazine is going to be quite different to Retrogamer and have quite a bit of scene news included. I feel this could be an amazing opportunity to tell the world how fantastic our Plussy is. Shaun Bebbington is the editor of the magazine, I'm sure there's quite a few of our members that know of him and his passion for the Commodore machines. With an editor with such a passion for this brill brand, its a great opportunity for us to stand tall with the C64 scene and show them what were all made of.

Throughout my couple of years being part of this community it is so apparent that there is so much tallent within the members of Plus4.Emucamp. So if your a coder and fancy showing off what our machine can do, why dont you check out the forums at: http://www.retro-trader.com/forum/ as this is the main portal for discussion for the magazine.

I will be contributing to the magazine, and was honoured to be asked. I saw it as an opportuntity to open everyones eyes to the C16/Plus 4.

Hope you feel its a worthy cause.

Regards,

Chris
Plus 4 Forever!!!!!
happy

Posted By

Spector
on 2005-09-17
03:21:05
 Re: Retro:Bytes UK Commercial Magazine

Great stuff Chris - I'll be very interested to see how the mag turns out. And having a bit of Plus4 coverage is better still happy

Posted By

TMR
on 2005-09-17
07:31:11

Well... erm... i'm sort of writing for it too, like, so i'll mention stuff... =-)

Posted By

Spector
on 2005-09-17
08:47:33

You're writing for it too? Andy Vaisey's involved as well isn't he?
It's a Commodore Cabal!!! :D

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to this one. Shaun and the others involved know their stuff for sure. As long as we don't get into dreaded 'personality journalism' that brought down Zzap and Crash (where the writer decides that he is more important than the subject), then it looks alright.

Posted By

TMR
on 2005-09-17
14:00:56

That's okay, i don't have a personality. =-)

Nah, i've got a likkle one, it's in a box under the bed and it just affects my writing style by favouring certain genres - in other words, it doesn't do format bias and doesn't talk about itself except in third person sometimes...

Posted By

austin
on 2005-09-17
16:29:57

Look forward to mag!

Posted By

Spector
on 2005-09-17
17:18:50

Actually it's always been Spector's ambition to talk in the third person on a television programme. Just like Alan Shearer. And Mr T.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024