Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chris
on 2005-09-13
05:46:57
 Converting images using FLI process

Hi all,

I've been asked to convert some images using the FLI process to the Plus 4. These images will be displayed in a uk commercial magazine in the next few months. But I've been having problems getting the converted images running on the Plus 4.

So far I have converted the images using P4PC Fli convertor, using the correct pallet. Then tired crunching them using PuCrunch, but the *.prg files won't load on the Plussy.

The only thing I could think of that could be causing this is the command line I use with PuCrunch. What command line does everyone else use?

Regards,

Chris

Posted By

Csabo
on 2005-09-13
07:13:49
 Re: Converting images using FLI process

All you need is -c16 and the input/output files (as long as your original PRG would run with a SYS). When I used PUCrunch, i used this batch file:

@echo off
del _*.prg
pu -c16 -m7 %1.prg _7n.prg
pu -c16 -m6 %1.prg _6n.prg
pu -c16 -m5 %1.prg _5n.prg
pu -c16 -m7 -fdelta %1.prg _7d.prg
pu -c16 -m6 -fdelta %1.prg _6d.prg
pu -c16 -m5 -fdelta %1.prg _5d.prg
dir _*.prg /os

Which would of course compress the passed filename with all six variations and then I'd look at the generated file sizes, and pick the smallest. PUCrunch is great, but I strongly recommend switching to Exomizer, which is even better. (And the command line options are explained on its page.)

Posted By

Chris
on 2005-09-13
10:26:28

Ahhh I see where I was going wrong. The original files did not load after using P4PC Fli convertor, so what ever I did with PuCrunch wouldnt matter.

Using P4PC Fli convertor I:

Opened the Plus 4 pallett
Selected the file
Converted to FLI
Saved the file as a prg

Am I missing something as it all seems too simple, especially when its not working How do you get the converted picture to run when in .prg format?

Regards,

Chris
sorry if I'm being daft here.

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2005-09-13
12:16:54

The FLI convertor doesn't produce a runnable PRG 'out of the box', it only produces the image data.

In the c+4_toolsDFLIplayer_full folder, you'll find the player (_showfli$1100.prg). happy

So on YAPE or a real Plussy, do the following to produce a working file:

Firstly, enter 10 SYS4352
Then load the player PRG mentioned above.
Then load the image PRG created by the FLI converter.
(Remember to use LOAD"filename",8,1 if loading the PRGs from disk, don't use DLOAD!) happy

Type RUN, and hopefully it works happy

Posted By

Chris
on 2005-09-13
12:42:21

Thank you so much happy I'm going to convert quite a few images now, yay

I'll let you know when theyre going to get published and what magazine. Also there is going to be a Plus 4 article in the mag too.

More news to come wink

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024