Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-04-26
 Notice to all Plus4 fans!!

Me and Csabo thought we'd have a name for the site of "Commodore Plus/4 World". The intention was to merge both sites into one, but this would be so much work to do.....

As you may know I've always kept the front page as news, but now I've added the Plus4 World logo I was thinking we could turn this into a Plus4 World with your ideas and stuff!!

My html is lamo as I don't know the cool stuff, but I was thinking of turning Plus4 World into a front end site of it's own. What you would see is our sites as part of Plus4 World. Plus/4 World would be the news page covering as much news as we can get hold of and at the same time making it an intresting start to what ever might be out there eg.(Updates, Scene News, Info and New sites).

I would be pleased to host anyone with a Plussy related site. This of course will help our small world grow bigger. There is a lot of stuff out there that I don't have the time to cover and things I don't even know about, but maybe you have some free time and could bring new ideas and things to us?

ftp://c64.rulez.org/pub/plus4/ is the biggest resourse for plus4 software, but it does'nt cover everthing ever developed for the machines. Alot of it is the sceners stuff collected up to make one cool archive. We thankyou!

Well maybe you could help c64.rulez grow bigger or work on your own ideas and make a web site! I have over 1000 D64 images jammed packed full of Plus4 software covering Games, Demos, Tools, Utilities, Music, Pictures and more. There is no order of what is on the disks, no one on earth has the time to sort out or cover everything on them. Alot of C64.rulez can be found on the disks, but there is way much more!! So to get this stuff out for all to see I plan to upload load all of the disks in batches at a time so you can dig into them.

Also some of the disk you won't be able to run on Plus4 emulation at this time because the emus only cover the standart 1541 DOS kernal loader, but this might encourage one of the emu coders to add true 1541 emulation with so many disks available And fear not as there is masses of unseen stuff the emulators can load and run right now!!!

Anyways what are your thoughts ?

Cheers for now,
Lando

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-04-28
 Yes something like that.

I can't cover everything as much as I would love to.

well your thoughts so far sound cool.

Cheers for now,

Posted By

Akira
on 2001-04-27
 My thoughts

This sounds like a portal, am I corretc? If so, it is a brill idea. Personally I'd think you should support both real and emu Plus/4 users, but leaning a bit more towards the REAL user, the one who owns a real machine. or at least not be partial at all, and make all stuff be good for both kinds of users.

I don't have much time, otherwise I could offer my help on the design bit. If I find some time and someone is willing to maintain the thing, I could crack up a design. Since it is a portal, it should be very simple to allow fast, FAST navigation. I could have some ideas already.

I can't promise you anything, but let me know anyway. I love designing stuff, so it's not a bother, it's just that I need to find some extra time to dedicate to this kind of projects.

- Akira
Shmups Mk2 - Showcasing the best 2D shoot'em ups ever!
.:[ http://www.shmups.com ]:.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024