Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-08-13
00:34:11
 Bill Herd and Dave Haynie video

Bill Herd and Dave Haynie couldn't attend the CommVEx expo late last month, so they sent a DVD to represent them at the show.

A download of the video is available from my home webserver (!!!!) at the following link: http://www.cbm264.com/homeserver.html (you can click the Gnutella link if you have a Gnutella compatible fileshare program running, or you can click the first link to do a web-browser download from the "Local Commodore Files" directory).

Sorry to have not announced the website publicly before now, but I've been using it as a testbed for a new www.cbm264.com design and wanted to keep it under wraps. I'm announcing it now because of the rarity of the video.

Contents of the video: Bill and Dave speaking about the TED series and the C128. Machines displayed in the video are the NTSC 116, the 264, the Plus/4, the 16, the LCD, and the 128.

The video is ~170MB so if you have access to a fast Internet connection, I would recommend using that instead of a dial-in connection. For those who have no access to high-speed connection, email me and we can discuss my sending it to you on a CD.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-08-13
00:45:41
 Re: Bill Herd and Dave Haynie video

Additional info about the video:

1) It's not mine, it belongs to Bill and Dave, so archival permission should be cleared through them. I doubt they'd mind but it's always better to ask permission before offering a download. happy

2) It's an MPG file. It plays just fine in my Windows Media Player 9.0 on WinME, but I have codecs installed for WM 6 and WM9, plus Divx codecs installed.

3) It's in English (just in case that's not obvious) with no captions or alternate languages encoded. If someone wants to make a transcript with pictures I would be willing to host the resulting files.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-08-13
09:18:04

ARRGH!!!! Just received an email from Robert Bernardo requesting that the video be removed from distribution until we receive clarification from Dave Haynie. It seems that Dave had requested on August 8th that the video not be distributed, but Robert didn't get that email until this morning.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-08-13
21:43:31

Ok... the video download is back. Robert Bernardo received clearance earlier today for us.

Anyone else who wants to mirror this video is welcome to, no prior permissions needed. ( Csabo, would you like the honors? )

Posted By

RobertB
on 2005-08-16
06:06:11

Yes, lots of C= trivia that I did not know until the video was shown
at CommVEx on July 30-31.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug

Posted By

Bacon
on 2005-08-20
03:06:13

It's now mirrored on my server too.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-08-20
23:41:57

Great! I've added a link to you on my server so that people can get it from you as well!

Posted By

Dan Wood
on 2005-09-01
11:50:34

http://8bit.dk/temp/Bill_Herd_And_Dave_Haynie_-_C128_20th_Hi_All/Bill_Herd_And_Dave_Haynie_-_C128_20th_Hi_All.mpg

High speed download (got about 350k a sec when d/loading from here)

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024