Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

The +4 King
on 2005-07-31
10:07:14
 Is That You Jim ?

Hi There.
I keep seeing This name Jim pop up on PLUS/4 World. And the only Jim i can think off is Jim Hehl. Is that you that is saying Hi to me. If it is that is Fantasic. I have been trying to Contact you now for Years and was wondering where you got to. If so leave a message here. Or send me an E mail. amigaking@aol.com
I would love to hear from You again.

peter

Posted By

BushRat
on 2005-07-31
21:48:09
 Re: Is That You Jim ?

Yup, it is Peter. Been about a year since I went online and popped up here. You know how isolated we are...
Noticed you and James selling off your stuff. Too bad I don't have anyone, nearby, to pass mine along to.
Haven't run into another Commodore user, in years, anyway. I wrote down your email and will get back to you, but for now, Ellie and I have to head back upriver to home.
Will try to get back to you in a couple of days...
Cheers...

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-08-01
00:24:07

Jim, I'm not selling off my Plus/4 stuff. I obtained a 64/128 collection from a guy who's getting out of Commodore stuff due to health reasons. All I am doing is "redistributing" his collection to those who want bits and pieces, rather than the whole collection.

I am still interested in your collection as well, drop me a line when you have a chance. Current email is doctorduckie @ hotmail dot com or doctorduckie @ gmail dot com, also james @ cbm264 dot com is still valid.

Posted By

The +4 King
on 2005-08-01
01:30:52

Wow!! Hi Jim. It is Great to hear from You again. We have so much to talk about. Well it is good to hear that you and Elle are well. I really miss not Trading with you any more. Don't hear anything from Steve Morgans any more. Don't even know where he is. Anyway it is Great to see that you are still keeping in Touch with PLUS/4 News. And that i can have a chat with you about the ol' Times. Send me your Phone number in an E Mail and i will give you a ring.

Take Care My Friend
All The Best
Peter

Posted By

BushRat
on 2005-08-19
01:12:58

Finally got back and just came up here, Peter, James...
Looks like lots of new topics. Good Lord... Robert is still with the fcug? See where Chris found the digitizer add-on for the SidCard. Cool! Only played with the one, sent to me, a few times. While I was up at the Cabin, I dug through my shed and found most of my old Commie stuff. What the Millers' Reach fire didn't get, the bears left alone, too, Ha! There was still some of the stuff that Jack Vander White sent when Commie cleaned out their warehouses.. remember? Forgot who got most of that. Still have a lot of replacement ICs and some proto stuff, like that 1582 hd diskdrive. Wasn't there any demo 364 units in working condition around? Seem to remember that the units ended up in private hands. Saw a copy of the Roms somewhere.. did anyone ever try them in emulation? Asking because I ran across some old floppies with some proggies I don't recognize.

1582 Utility Pack (beta 1.01) Paintbrush C64/+4
Foundtion Solitaire Tape Utilities (Anchor)
Conversation Demo 364 Conversation Demo II 364
Pogrammer's Institute: Complete Personal Accountant (3 tapes)

Any of these ring a bell, Peter?

Posted By

The +4 King
on 2005-08-19
01:47:36

Hi Jim
No sorry my Friend. I don't remember any of these things. All i remember is that i asked you for a 1581 Fast loader for the +4 if you were going to write one. I have now lost new my old Contacts, Steve Morgans, Grandad A, I still hear from Bob B. But that is about it now. I hear that Erich Laber is still going, but i don't hear from him which is a Pity. I still Play the Slide Poker happy is it on the P.C. now and did it ever make the Amiga. I don't have your Phone number any more. Send it to me in an E mail and i will give you a ring. We still have lots to talk about. Well take care my Friend and give my love to Ellie.
Greetings from England.
Peter

Posted By

BushRat
on 2005-08-19
02:45:16

I guess that a lot of the folks have gone the way.. Jimmy Butterfield, Maurice Jones...
Okay will email you, just don't be blowing those Ps on the phonebills.
I did start on a 1581 loader... don't remember what, seems there were some missing serial interface codes. Jack did send me an annoted dissassembly from a C= engineer friend, still have it, somewhere.
Do you REALLY still play SlidePoker? Did we ever fix those scoring quirks? I remember the "International Slide Competition" days... Ha! (Hey, beat this, Yank...) After all these years, I'll finally admit, Peter, I was so busy on the ML toolboxes.. I really didn't have much time to play the cardgames. Ellie mostly did. I used to just bump the variable, in the highscore, up a bit and send it back.... waiting for the nuke flash in the east. You can kill me some day for that one... sorry...
Okay, me for bed
Tomorrow

Posted By

Bacon
on 2005-08-19
06:37:10

Jim Butterfield is still at least semi-active. He pops up now and then on usenet in comp.sys.cbm. He posted to that newsgroup as late as two weeks ago.

Posted By

The +4 King
on 2005-08-20
02:01:50

Hi Jim
Yes I am using YAPE now, As i only have a P.C. Up & Running. I still love Slide Poker it is the Best Game on the +4 I would love to see a P.C. & Amiga Version. That Would be Great. I never found any Bugs in Slide. The only Bugs that i Found was in Rotato Poker, and that is a good game as well. i take it, you still live at the same address. i think that i have it somewhere. A lot of People still ask about you and say have you still got PLUS/4 Software on NTSC. " The Yanks still want it" Now you tell me you were cheating on the Scores. Thanks Buddy, it tooks me ages to beat them happy Well maybe we should start another Slide Poker Comp. Those were the Days. Well take care my Friend and write Back Soon.
All the best
Peter

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024