Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Avalanche73
on 2005-06-29
05:37:54
 Can't find accurate joystick/gamepad for Plus4 games - HELP!

Hi Everyone,

When I was a child I loved to play on my Plus4 and I am very happy to see those funny games on my PC too happy. But I have one serious problem : I don't know which type of joystick or gamepad is suitable for those games. I tried out a basic HAMA joystick, a Logitech Attack3 joystick and a Logitech WingMan gamepad but neither of them worked properly in the games, because I cannot move precisely my game character (in arcade type games).

In the old Plus4/C16/C64-days I had a QuickShot type joystick with micro-switches,which allowed very precise gameplay, but I could not find a joystick/gamepad for PCs which has the same accurate behaviour. I think this behaviour exists because most of the PC-joysticks are analog-types (in lack of micro-switches). Some problematical games almost impossible to play properly with : Exorcist, Major Blink, Tutti Frutti

Could anyone experience this problem besides me?
You, serious Plus4/C16-emulator-gamers, what kind of joysticks/gamepads can you suggest me to use?

Thanks your help in advance,
Avalanche73

Posted By

JamesC
on 2005-06-29
08:05:15
 Re: Can't find accurate joystick/gamepad for Plus4 games - HELP!

You don't specify which emulator you are using. I don't play with all of them anymore; I use YAPE exclusively.

YAPE allows using the system joystick on your Windows machine. Click Settings -> Input Setup -> Configure Input Device. Alternately you can emulate a joystick through your PC keyboard or turn off joystick emulation altogether through these settings.

Now, to answer your question: go here to find instructions to convert a USB game device to accept Atari-type joysticks. Once this is built, you can use the digital joysticks of your youth on your PC. Have fun!

Posted By

MIK
on 2005-06-29
09:13:11

With yape using the system (Game Controllers) joysticks/game pads ect near on anything will work correct.

A clasic is the Microsoft SideWinder pad.

I've also used XBOX, PS2 and Sega Saturn pads with yape. Analog sticks are not really an issue because the microsoft options of the controler see these as flight contols or steering wheels and they can be turned off.

If you look about on the net you can also find the old classic joysticks for PC (new), these work off USB I think and again will work off the Microsoft Game Controllers found under the Control Panel of windows once intsalled ect..

Posted By

Plus4Vampyre
on 2005-06-29
09:46:05

Try the Speedlink SL-6602 - it is the old style Competition Pro Joystick with a USB connector and it is working with the yape - for me it's the best joystick, which include the feeling to play on a real plus/4

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024